Author Topic: Project Sandbox Universe  (Read 11521 times)

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Project Sandbox Universe
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2008, 07:12:59 PM »
As in the Daily Show on Comedy Central (in the US anyway)?

Yeah...  It's funny because he's referencing that association.  It's the butt of a lot of jokes.  There was a South Park about the National Association of Marlon Brando Look Alikes being confused with it (hence the funny).  I find it increasingly hilarious that you'd use it for the name of a game without knowing what it meant
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 07:15:57 PM by Numsgil »

Offline gymsum

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Project Sandbox Universe
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2008, 11:02:45 PM »
Quote from: Numsgil
As in the Daily Show on Comedy Central (in the US anyway)?

Yeah...  It's funny because he's referencing that association.  It's the butt of a lot of jokes.  There was a South Park about the National Association of Marlon Brando Look Alikes being confused with it (hence the funny).  I find it increasingly hilarious that you'd use it for the name of a game without knowing what it meant
North American Man boy Love Association...

I posted it on the internet once, Green Peace Project NAMBLA; it recieved a 2/10 adn was then banned and deleted from the site. It was a physics final, with no man boy loving involved.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Project Sandbox Universe
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2008, 03:27:13 AM »
Yeah yeah, tell it to the judge.

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Project Sandbox Universe
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2008, 03:34:10 AM »
Quote from: gymsum
Maybe a horror game with NAMBLA instead of zombies.  You're a little kid and your goal is not to get sexed.
NAMBLA is term Jon Stewart uses for evey ancronym; I used it as a mission name for Green Peace, the objective was to prevent global warming. You ran around with a gun and flame thrower shooting emissions and blowing up things taht caused global warming.
Eh, like your flamethrower?
Oh my god, who the hell cares.

Offline gymsum

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Project Sandbox Universe
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2008, 08:53:18 AM »
Quote from: Peter
Maybe a horror game with NAMBLA instead of zombies.  You're a little kid and your goal is not to get sexed.
NAMBLA is term Jon Stewart uses for evey ancronym; I used it as a mission name for Green Peace, the objective was to prevent global warming. You ran around with a gun and flame thrower shooting emissions and blowing up things taht caused global warming.

THe flamethrower made the global temp rise slightly, less than the effect of the airports or factories in china.

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Project Sandbox Universe
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2008, 09:37:54 AM »
Quote from: Peter

THe flamethrower made the global temp rise slightly, less than the effect of the airports or factories in china.
Well I wouldn't think burning airports and factories would be that good for enviroment .
Further why china, america is pretty a pretty big user of oil. And they're not really effiecient.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Project Sandbox Universe
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2008, 01:26:05 PM »
Yes, I am curious, too.  China wouldn't be my first pick.

Per person, I think Canada is the biggest polluter.  There are places where it's so cold when you run in to see a movie or something, you just leave your car running so it won't freeze.

Offline gymsum

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Project Sandbox Universe
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2008, 01:54:56 PM »
Yes, I am curious, too.  China wouldn't be my first pick.

Per person, I think Canada is the biggest polluter.  There are places where it's so cold when you run in to see a movie or something, you just leave your car running so it won't freeze.

Bejiong's had a cloud of smog for 20 years now, and its thkcer tahn anywhere on the planet.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Project Sandbox Universe
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2008, 02:10:26 PM »
Yeah, but they've got a fifth of the whole world's population in there (well, not Beijing specifically)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 02:10:53 PM by Numsgil »

Offline gymsum

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Project Sandbox Universe
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2008, 04:23:00 PM »
Yeah, but they've got a fifth of the whole world's population in there (well, not Beijing specifically)

their farts alone outpace american's by a lot.

edit: also the Americans had Al Gore funding the project, so it was vital to Green Peace not to disrupt American money at home.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 04:49:54 PM by gymsum »

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Project Sandbox Universe
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2008, 06:08:45 PM »
Actually that's been a complaint from the right concerning Al Gore: that his policies and desires were (are?) at odds with American business specifically, and would reduce productivity and competitiveness at home.  If you do take the stance that environmental policies disrupt business, then I think it would be entirely self consistent for a Gore-funded flamethrower project to be directed at Big Business in America.  It'd play like a conservative think-tank propaganda project, but maybe that's what you went for?

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Project Sandbox Universe
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2008, 08:32:29 PM »
the objective was to prevent global warming. You ran around with a gun and flame thrower shooting emissions and blowing up things taht caused global warming.

Could you shoot the sun in that game?  
The internet is corrupt and controlled by criminally minded people.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Project Sandbox Universe
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2008, 08:38:56 PM »
lol

Offline gymsum

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Project Sandbox Universe
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2008, 09:17:42 PM »
wo might as well make the follow up to the NAMBLA. part 2, finishing america. couldnt shoot the sun, but when you take down  the core the earth implodes.

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Project Sandbox Universe
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2008, 03:36:40 AM »
Oil Consumption by capita.
(dated 2004)Totals there too. Amirica first.
Canada and USA are using the most oil per capita of the big countries. Before some 'smaller' countries and oil producing countries.

China is at this list ranked as 125#, Canada and USA standing 13# and 15#. Most european countries are clearly using less, coming from harsh energie policies in europe, I don't think north america is familiair with CO2-tax or buying CO2 rights.
I didn't knew that it would involve that major differences. North america is just using more then double of the oil per capita.
Using more then 14 times that of china, imagine china using as much per capita. Imagine the oil price.

#13     Canada:   71.712 bbl/day per 1,000 peopl    2004 ...   
#14     Aruba:                70.707 bbl/day per 1,000 peopl    2004 ...   
#15     United States:   70.593 bbl/day per 1,000 peopl    2004 ...

#46     France:               32.362 bbl/day per 1,000 peopl    2005 ...   
#47     Italy:               32.333 bbl/day per 1,000 peopl    2004 ...   
#48     Germany:   32.115 bbl/day per 1,000 peopl    2004 ...   
#49     Portugal:   31.613 bbl/day per 1,000 peopl    2004 ...   
#50     Denmark:   31.573 bbl/day per 1,000 peopl    2005 ...   
#51     United Kingdom:   30.534 bbl/day per 1,000 peopl    2004 .
(just took the biggest countries, there are some countries higher and others lower in europe)

#128     China:   5.009 bbl/day per 1,000 peopl    2005 ..

Taking down the earth would really kill global warming. How can a ball be blue when there is no ball.