Author Topic: Crows are pretty damn smart  (Read 46924 times)

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Crows are pretty damn smart
« Reply #90 on: June 17, 2008, 05:48:23 AM »
Very true.  

But considering that not even hard line creationists still believe that the Earth is the center of the universe, it hasn't gotten much of a following.  That, and the decidedly non-central location of the Earth in the milky way galaxy.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 05:49:18 AM by Numsgil »

Offline d-EVO

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 25, 2008, 01:50:50 PM »
In the decidedly non-central location in the Univers.

Still think God created it though.
1:      2 is true
2:      1 is false

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 26, 2008, 12:32:19 AM »
Ever listened to Stephen Hawking's "The Briefer History of Time"? It has some interesting stuff in it, like that god could only control the starting parameters of the universe, and can only possibly do so in either a 7-dimensional or 12-dimensional universe (don't ask me why, but I'm pretty amazed I still remember that). It also brushed over that problem with the earth being a the center of the universe, with each side looking identical etc. etc., and somehow comes up with a model that we are just sitting on the surface of a four-dimensional balloon (which sort of makes sense in an unimaginable sort of way.)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 12:34:25 AM by bacillus »
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."
- Carl Sagan

Offline d-EVO

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 26, 2008, 11:45:07 AM »
I listened to a condensed version of it on you tube, will listen to the full version or read the book when I can
But even Stephen Hawkings can't denny there is an all-powerfull god that created the universe. (And he didnt).

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 26, 2008, 05:09:47 PM »
No, but he didn't admit it either. He cleverly stayed on neutral ground.
 The problem is that everyone thinks that science rejects the notion of god, but in reality, as there's not enough facts to say anything definite about the existence of god, it only says that the probability of there being one is not quite 100%.
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."
- Carl Sagan

Offline d-EVO

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 26, 2008, 05:53:09 PM »
Yes, totaly agree , thats why its called faith

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 26, 2008, 10:28:33 PM »
True
- Carl Sagan

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 27, 2008, 04:53:50 AM »
Quote from: bacillus
No, but he didn't admit it either. He cleverly stayed on neutral ground.
 The problem is that everyone thinks that science rejects the notion of god, but in reality, as there's not enough facts to say anything definite about the existence of god, it only says that the probability of there being one is not quite 100%.
Totally disagree.(sorry it is my nature, if everyone states it is right, I say it is wrong)
There aren't enough ''facts'' to prove the existance for gnomes, fairys, giants or god. That doesn't mean they exist. On the other side I would never dare to say gnomes don't exist. There isn't any prove they don't exist.
Oh my god, who the hell cares.

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 27, 2008, 11:58:20 PM »
I'm not taking any sides, I just love to argue against whatever side is brought up first (or any side for that matter   ). Did I say anything that might indicate a heavy bias?   .
Anyway, pascal's wager: (From wikipedia)
Pascal's Wager (or Pascal's Gambit) is a suggestion posed by the French philosopher Blaise Pascal that even though the existence of God cannot be determined through reason, a person should "wager" as though God exists, because so living has potentially everything to gain, and certainly nothing to lose.

Okay, that is a good point, but not quite true unless you ignore extremes...
- Carl Sagan

Offline d-EVO

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 28, 2008, 08:37:17 AM »
Quote from: Peter
Totally disagree.(sorry it is my nature, if everyone states it is right, I say it is wrong)
There aren't enough ''facts'' to prove the existance for gnomes, fairys, giants or god. That doesn't mean they exist. On the other side I would never dare to say gnomes don't exist. There isn't any prove they don't exist.

Actualy you are agreeing with us.
In case you were not following . we never actualy concluded the existance of god.
We concluded that the existance of god cannot be concluded through logic.
But I would rather be on the safe side and believe anyway and not argue with poeple that disagree
I will let them believe what they like if I can believe what I like.

Offline ikke

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 28, 2008, 09:08:10 AM »
There aren't enough ''facts'' to prove the existance for gnomes, fairys, giants or god.
Gnomes exist, one just ate my reply  

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 28, 2008, 10:24:16 AM »
Quote from: jknilinux
Woohoo, atheist vs. theist discussion! I love these...
I don't really like those discussions. There can be a lot of discussion but rarely there will be real difference in anyone opinion. Discussions with christians is one of the rare subjects I'm sure I don't change my point about(another reason why I don't like it). On the other site I then see christians changing there opinion about evolution and comparable a little bit by saying stuff like micro-evolution exists but the real doesn't. So that religion is still right.

I'm with the theists, but I do have a question for the atheists: How do you deal with pascal's wager?
I ignore everything everything that doesn't have any prove, no matter the consequences. Does that anwser your question?

Actualy you are agreeing with us.
In case you were not following . we never actualy concluded the existance of god.
We concluded that the existance of god cannot be concluded through logic.
But I would rather be on the safe side and believe anyway and not argue with poeple that disagree
I will let them believe what they like if I can believe what I like.
It sounded like bac was saying that science was unable to disprove god. And science tells something about god. Well science doesn't tell anything at all about god. There isn't a theory that would say god exists. There are only theorys where god doesn't exist.

The connection between ''science<->god'' doesn't really exist. They should really be seen apart. You can't mix them.
Someone who is religious and tries to mix them starts with ''god is right'' and concludes with ''science is wrong''.
Someone who is ''scientific'' starts with ''science is right'' and concludes with ''god is wrong''.
Just don't mix them.  

Anyway if this gets into a real atheist/theist discussion.  

Then I'm probably out.

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 28, 2008, 06:36:02 PM »
Quote from: jknilinux
Peter-
Well, when I said "atheist vs. theist discussion", I meant the intelligent, no-flaming kind of discussion. Otherwise, I agree- flame wars are ridiculous wastes of time.
Hmm, I look sometimes at flame-wars at some boards. Some are funny to read.
Not about religion just random nonsence.
Still stand with my point(religion discussion->waste of time) , still little interested what your thoughs are when you use a program like DB. That goes against a strinct principle of most religions, evolution.

btw, I've never found even one scientific theory that says God doesn't exist, or one reasonable religious point of view that claims science is wrong.
Hmm, well it is just how you look at it. But what about big bang, evolution theory and such. It is old one but got to be mentioned.
Put your reasonable religious views here if you think those theorys don't interfere with god.

There are a lot of things where science can't say it is wrong. Yes, the gnome fits here too.

And are you then looking through the view of a certain religion or just thinking there is a god becouse you think there is something higher?

And maybe more important, is there a scientific theory that states god exists?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 06:37:04 PM by Peter »

Offline d-EVO

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 28, 2008, 07:22:39 PM »
Hmm, well it is just how you look at it. But what about big bang, evolution theory and such.

Im pretty sure that when God created the universe there was one hell of a Bang.

Regardless of whether we evolved or not I still give God the credit. ( Think that is what counts )

And maybe more important, is there a scientific theory that states god exists?

Is there one that says He doesnt?  

Ok we are not getting any were with this but I have got one more question

-Why do most atheists hate the God they don't believe in  ???

Offline Ta-183

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 28, 2008, 07:24:39 PM »
Quote from: d-EVO
-Why do most atheists hate the God they don't believe in  ???
Now, what do we do when we assume......