Author Topic: IPS, there are complete idiots there,  (Read 4878 times)

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
IPS, there are complete idiots there,
« on: May 16, 2008, 04:32:37 PM »
..well I wanted to just simply change the adres of the internet/telephone-connection to another adres. So, I just simply called the company. Into just a few days, I got three!!! different kinds of internet/telephone subscriptions form different brands from desame company, a television subscription and a simple telephone line connection or something. The day after that my old subcription was cancelled?

All of the subcriptions had to be cancelled within 10 days or it would cost money. So I called again(I mis-used the control of a phone at my internship, becouse the number from the ISP was also a paynumber  )
I had conversations with different people that say completely different things.

One says the old subcription has been cancelled becouse that 'type' of subcription isn't anymore being offered and that way ,also not be able to be moved.Problem is that the contract just says else, moving is no problem.

Another one says that it is no problem, and puts the other adres into the computer.

For the multiple subcribtions.
One says the different subcriptions are needed becouse the one is for the telephone and the other for internet or for anything else, I gues it is a little strange when there are three subcriptions that all say internet/telephone, one for television(I can't even receive digital television at this place!) and a telephone subription.
And as a anwser you say there all needed??, can't you even lie good.(You're really in yourself thinking would they be serious, they sound like they really believe it)

A week later I have gotten cancels of the internet/telephone and telephone sucriptions, for the television there was a device needed, after not accepting the device, that was also cancelled.

Shortly after that I got a lette from the old subcription, in it there stood that it was reinstated on the old? adres.

Multiple calls further, the callcenter-people say it will go well, and if I understand good make a ticket, so that someone else does it. Ofcource nothing happens.

One time I had to be near the callcenter-building/IPS, so I walked in, I really thought I could go fill in a paper somewhere or that there was somebody where I could let the moving of the internet line do, atleast in the way that I could seriously blame someone if it went wrong. The callcenter just fills in a ticket, even if there wrong they still can blame the ones who work corrosponding the tickets, they don't know them but they just are a door further.
After some arguing, I finally left the building with the advice of the gatekeeper, who silent said the name of a competitor, sad indeed.
When I called for a last time I got the information the old subription was already cancelled, did I do this?. Anyway good enough, lets get another.

Finally, I went to another competitor. It took way too long, too much time, with the last one.

I got it pretty soon working with the new ISP, and like you see it works.

A few days ago I just got a bill from the old ISP for the old subcription, to let feel the stupitity. The month before I wasn't getting a bill, I thought cancelled. The number I had there is indeed now with the other ISP. There is something completely going wrong out there.

Right now I am sending mails to the old ISP, about it. With the telephone calls you don't have much proof. The mails are funnier, from some responses you can really, well cry. They seriously try to get a mail away as fast as possible.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 04:37:53 PM by Peter »
Oh my god, who the hell cares.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 05:17:25 PM »
Never trust what the phone operators tell you when you call a company like that.  I've had similar experiences with operators for my credit card.  If it feels like the company is screwing with you and it involves money, try to get talking with someone in charge or make a big fuss.  The operators are inept but the people in charge aren't, and usually really want to keep you happy (or at least not pissed off) because they know all it takes is one pissed off customer with a blog and they're sunk.

Offline Moonfisher

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 06:06:11 PM »
Another good tip is to start off asking them something they can't answer, then they'll redirect you to someone who knows more. The first person you talk to has usualy been taught 5 tips on fixing minor issues and is completely clueless about everything else....
Also try to get the people name if they seem helpfull, so you can try to get redirected to the same person again next time...
Sounds like your old provider had some serious problems though, but a lot of them do...
I'm never changing the one I have now, I haven't had any problems at all, compared to past experiences that's astonishing...

Offline Trafalgar

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 06:08:35 PM »
If you're in the US, I'd say file a Better Business Bureau complaint. That should get their attention (fairly) fast.

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 05:52:48 AM »
Quote from: Numsgil
Never trust what the phone operators tell you when you call a company like that.  I've had similar experiences with operators for my credit card.  If it feels like the company is screwing with you and it involves money, try to get talking with someone in charge or make a big fuss.  The operators are inept but the people in charge aren't, and usually really want to keep you happy (or at least not pissed off) because they know all it takes is one pissed off customer with a blog and they're sunk.
Someone in charge, ofcource.  
It is just so incredible simple, had there have to come a boss for that.

Quote from: Moonfisher
Another good tip is to start off asking them something they can't answer, then they'll redirect you to someone who knows more. The first person you talk to has usualy been taught 5 tips on fixing minor issues and is completely clueless about everything else....
Also try to get the people name if they seem helpfull, so you can try to get redirected to the same person again next time...
Sounds like your old provider had some serious problems though, but a lot of them do...
I'm never changing the one I have now, I haven't had any problems at all, compared to past experiences that's astonishing...
The first person reads probably everything from a computer.

My old provider never had any problems, that is just the point.
A week ago it was setup pretty big into the papers that they had problems. A few 10.000's didn't had/or bad working internet connection. It was over in a few days, but it was set up big time in the newspapers that they had a jamming.

Some companies even think about getting compensation. The one or two day is way more then the 99,9% without jamming as stated in their contract. Normally they do it right. Normally they have less then ''8 and a half hours'!! jamming a year with those companies.
As for that I didn't had troubles anytime and therefore I didn't really want to switch.

Quote from: Trafalgar
If you're in the US, I'd say file a Better Business Bureau complaint. That should get their attention (fairly) fast.
Nah, I will first threat with sending the pages and stuff they sended to me, to send that to the television. In a registrated letter I will send up with the complains, ofcource a demand for compensation for timeloss, and listening to the promises they make. And I know the name of the upper boss of the service department. So he will be seeing a letter soon.
Oh my god, who the hell cares.

Offline abyaly

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 05:05:35 PM »
Quote from: Numsgil
The operators are inept but the people in charge aren't
This is a surprising comment, nums, considering that you were the one who got me started reading the daily wtf.
Lancre operated on the feudal system, which was to say, everyone feuded all
the time and handed on the fight to their descendants.
        -- (Terry Pratchett, Carpe Jugulum)

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 05:08:56 PM »
Should have added a disclaimer: operators are inept and people in charge are not except in skilled professions (programming, engineering, etc. etc.), where it's often the other way around

Offline fulizer

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 08:58:59 AM »
Ive had some problems like that. we were requied money from a TV comapn we Never subscribed for.
"If this is coffee bring me tea, If this is tea, bring me coffee"