Author Topic: Looking for Summer DBII programmer  (Read 4743 times)

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Looking for Summer DBII programmer
« on: May 15, 2008, 12:00:09 AM »
My free time to work on DB drops dramatically June - September due to many personal projects and travel.   If there is someone who would like to own and maintain the DBII code over the Summer, please contact me.  I'll be around for questions and advice and my participation won't drop to 0, but if there is someone who has the time, skill and inclination to do more than fix bugs for the next few months, I'd be happy to hand off for awhile.   If you like it, we can arrange something longer term where multiple authors can coordinate.  Let me know.  Thanks.
Many beers....

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 05:39:49 PM »
Bump.   The weather is starting to get nice here in Seattle.  Those of us that live in the dark and the rain 9 months a year have to make up for it when we can....

If your interested, let me know.  Work won't stop completely if no-one is up for it, but it would nice to have a southern hemisphere owner as well as a northern....  
Many beers....

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 06:14:25 PM »
I can be cajoled into helping bug fix this summer.  I'd prefer to spend the time working on physics for DB3, though.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 06:23:42 PM by Numsgil »

Offline Commander Keen

• Bot Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 08:31:59 PM »
Maybe. I can program in VB, although I don't consider myself a very good programmer. I'll try to decipher the DB code. No guarantees though, I have very little free time.

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 01:59:26 PM »
Quote from: Numsgil
I can be cajoled into helping bug fix this summer.  I'd prefer to spend the time working on physics for DB3, though.
Didn't you had a phycics engine?

Quote from: Commander Keen
Maybe. I can program in VB, although I don't consider myself a very good programmer. I'll try to decipher the DB code. No guarantees though, I have very little free time.
You're the only one applying, seems you will be doing it, you're by far the best participent.
Oh my god, who the hell cares.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 02:39:58 PM »
Quote from: Peter
Quote from: Numsgil
Didn't you had a phycics engine?

Yes, I actually was playing around with two different engines.  But they weren't up to the task, so I used what I learned from them and started building my own.

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 03:04:07 PM »
To be honest, I'm not really looking for someone to just fix bugs or stand in occasionally.  I can handle bugs over the Summer and beyond.  It just won't be real-time.

People are always welcome to help out as much or as little as they want of course, but it would be nice to find a longer term co-owner or two that was interested in learning the code and taking it forward.
Many beers....