Author Topic: Plankton Kinetic (MB/Veggie)  (Read 3350 times)

Offline gymsum

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Plankton Kinetic (MB/Veggie)
« on: May 14, 2008, 03:18:32 PM »
Many improvements indcluding better structure limitations to avoid crappy formations and/or breakage of ties. No longer uses the chaos set, but uses a 360 mod to wrapp the bot completely, if possible. Best of all is its ability to actually move, much like a snake. Has no reall agressive capabilities, mostly harmless at this stage. I could see using it in my Chaotic Swarmer, but not any time soon.

I think if someone wanted to add some communications and targeting systems, this bot could own on other veggie killers, and if it went heterotrophic, some tweaks to its dietary genes should stabilize it. This bot uses 4 dimensions to create a unique form. Dimensions are x, y, time, energy and mass.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 03:37:14 PM by gymsum »

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 06:03:41 AM »
I ran this bot several times in different conditions, for about 100000 cycles at a time, and nothing amazing happened, it just formed a big blob. Could you please post your simulation conditions?
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."
- Carl Sagan

Offline gymsum

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 02:26:41 PM »
Quote from: bacillus
I ran this bot several times in different conditions, for about 100000 cycles at a time, and nothing amazing happened, it just formed a big blob. Could you please post your simulation conditions?

The problems with this version should have been fixed in V 1.2