Author Topic: 4-d Swarmer  (Read 3823 times)

Offline gymsum

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
4-d Swarmer
« on: May 11, 2008, 12:29:40 AM »
FILE TOO BIG!

Another major upgrade to the slim evo project. More switch improvement between multimodes and sysvars. Now more stable, still has problems with aiming. Stable enough to be in multibot mode without a veggie source, they now eat through veggies more rapidly since I put in an inherently longer counter mechanism moded around 10 cycle max limit. Eye genes done to 3, but had to expand the botid system to make it work better, now bots wont destroy their children. It has officially 6 stages, however the break down of each and heirarchy label them not in order. Stage 0, or multi 0 = is defaulted mode. Enjoy. Still seems to have some major pain issues, cant seem to pinpoint them all yet.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 11:18:49 AM by Botsareus »

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
4-d Swarmer
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 01:26:22 AM »
I think that would make it a 3-D swarmer, because in a two-dimensional world time's the third dimension, not the fourth.
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."
- Carl Sagan

Offline gymsum

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
4-d Swarmer
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 10:06:03 PM »
Quote from: bacillus
I think that would make it a 3-D swarmer, because in a two-dimensional world time's the third dimension, not the fourth.
Its actually a translation of a 4-d sphere (which 4d is always time, its a constant, just as two always are x,y or horizontal vertical) onto 2d space; the simulation also uses depth and bouyancy in pond mode, so a third axis sort of exsists as a number anyways. But reardless of what plain of exsistance you are in, the 4th dimension will always be time, and its important that this remain true if you look at the example on wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4th_dimension

notice how the inside cycles to the outside, this has to do with angles as they appear in 3d on 2d space. Most importantly, as the number of enclosed angles reaches infinity, or 0 in the case of time, the amount of space between the two points remains equal indefinitely, so the space between them appears to grow larger, but the speed at which information passed would remain constant. These theories follow the special relativity and general relativity theories, in that the 4d is said to be constantly accelerating, where as 3d only changes respectively to the center, or viewer. It uses robage moded around the timer, so that younger generations follow similar bounds and angles to the older generations; after kill offs the ties act like muscles to pull and push their way to the outside of the swarm, until another bot dies and the cycle repeats. The benefit being that younger bots have time to build up defenses and agressive advantages before protecting the younger ones. Currently their ability to hunt alone is weak, and often results in wasted energy from missed shots, I'm working to rectifiy this by limiting shot activations based on energy. I will have to use a waypoint system so the bot can retreat to somewhere safe and start another swarm, or rejoin one.

Offline Trafalgar

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
4-d Swarmer
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 12:26:41 AM »
Quote from: gymsum
Its actually a translation of a 4-d sphere (which 4d is always time, its a constant, just as two always are x,y or horizontal vertical) onto 2d space; the simulation also uses depth and bouyancy in pond mode, so a third axis sort of exsists as a number anyways. But reardless of what plain of exsistance you are in, the 4th dimension will always be time, and its important that this remain true if you look at the example on wiki:

I thought buoyancy/depth used the y axis?

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
4-d Swarmer
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 12:53:13 AM »
Perhaps in physics, they do loopy things like define time as a 4th dimension.  But in the real world where I live, dimensionality is a count of the number of dimensions you have.  Meaning that the whole notion of "what is the blankth dimension" is meaningless.  If there are 3 spatial dimensions, for instance, any of length, height, or width could be considered the "3rd" dimension depending only on the convention that makes the most sense for the problem.

So yes, I would say what you have here is a 3-d swarmer.

Offline gymsum

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
4-d Swarmer
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 01:05:34 AM »
Now I that I looked over it I only used 3 sets for coordinates, so it is a 3d swarmer. Will rectify later with a 3rd angle set based on robage and timer.

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
4-d Swarmer
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2008, 01:59:33 AM »
I drop a sentence, two days later I come back, it has evolved into a little discussion without actually adding anything useful to say.  
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."
- Carl Sagan

Offline gymsum

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
4-d Swarmer
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2008, 08:52:12 AM »
Poor bac, you said it wasnt 4d, then it grew, thats how 4d works lol. Anyways it was meant to immitate a 4d box, but it seems to do something completely different since the new release of v 2.0