Welcome To Darwinbots > Newbie

Hello.

(1/3) > >>

Esrever:
I found this program about a week ago, and I became interested in the league competition. I read some of the tutorials and I decided to make a short-bot. I'm posting the DNA here.

'Malificus Minimus

' Gene 1 Catch
cond
  *.eye5 0 >
  *.refeye *.myeye !=
start
  *.refveldx .dx store
  *.refvelup 40 add .up store
stop

' Gene 2 Eat Vegs
cond
  *eye5 40 >
  *refeye 0 =
start
  -1 .shoot store
  *.refvelup 5 add .up store

' Gene 3 Infect Enemies
  *.eye5 40 >
  *.refeye 0 >
  *.refeye *.myeye !=
start
  0 .nrg store
  *.thisgene .mkvirus store
  40 .vshoot store
stop

' Gene 4 Avoid/Search
cond
  *.eye5 0 =
  *.refeye *.myeye =
start
  471 rnd .aimdx store
stop

' Gene 5 Reproduce
cond
  *nrg 8000 >
start
  50 .repro store
stop

end

The Catch and Avoid/Search genes and part of the Eat Vegs gene were taken from Animalis Minimis. My main question is about the virus. I haven't had the time to test it, but it should work. If it does, can I use it in competition? It seems like a pretty unfair attack, and the only way I can see to defend against it would make the bot almost immortal. Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

PurpleYouko:
Hi Esrever and welcome to DarwinBots.

Well done for making a bot so soon. Is it V2.36 compatible? or fully developed in 2.35?

Could you please post your new bot in the Beastiary and upload the text file also.

If you are having difficulty then just let me know and I will take care of it for you.

It would also be greatly appreciated if you could make an entry into the poll question about how you found DB

Numsgil:
Hey, it looks like you're missing a stop statement in gene 2.  That could be giving you some weird problems  :wacko:

The virus won't work for a couple of reasons.

1.  *.thisgene .mkvirus store means that you will make the current gene into a virus.  Your current gene has three conditions, all of which must activate for the infected bot to run the viral code.

2.  0 .nrg store won't hurt a bot.  It will just make the bot think that it has no energy left for the rest of the cycle.  It's actual nrg levels will remain intact.

Also, in my experience, a virus that kills instantly doesn't have a chance to spread itself, making it a weapon of limited use.

3.  Viruses take quite a while to actually build.  Once you .mkvirus you need to wait for *.vtimer to count down.

Viruses are confusing, I know.  PY wrote up a quick tutorial on them here.

And welcome to Darwnbots!

Esrever:
It works now! :D  But only some of the time! :(

I was able to create a working virus. I thought about what you said about setting .nrg to zero, and realized that I could trick robots into reproducing. The effect the virus has is very cool looking, and nearly crashed my computer once.

The problem is that the virus doesn't always work. Most of the time nothing happens except the infected robot just shoots off viruses. Also, it once created a super I Venia. I  tried the robot out in F1 challenge, and beat Flamma and Perservans. I won one match against Venia, and the second round came down to a single Venia. The robots kept ganging up on the Venia, but kept getting destroyed. After about 30 minutes and still no end. I checked the Venia's health and saw that it now had 30000+ life and 213 genes. For some reason the 0.5 in the virus had switched to 0, so the Venia kept gathering life without any way for me to kill it.

Anyway, thank you for the help. I attached my new robot

Numsgil:
Closer, but still no cigar.

For repro, as with all memory, you must store whole numbers.  So if I understand what you're trying to do, you need to do 50 .repro store

As far as the virus itself, it's not bad but you might want to consider a stronger vshoot command.  Spanish Conquistador uses a virus that has a life of its own, spreading far and wide on its own to cause massive damage.

So this is what I would do:

cond
  *.myeye 4 !=
start
  50 .repro store
  10000 .nrg store
  *.thisgene .mkvirus store
  1000 .vshoot store
stop

This will make the virus much stronger, flying across more of the screen and so being more likely to find a host.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version