Author Topic: Chaotic Swarm ver 1.2 (MB)*(SA)  (Read 2879 times)

Offline gymsum

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Chaotic Swarm ver 1.2 (MB)*(SA)
« on: May 10, 2008, 01:24:44 PM »
TOO BIG TO FIT!

Ok, so I went with bac's advice and have shortened redundant genes, and managed to get the number of genes from 160+ to about 126. It uses about 27 for the eyes and individuality alone; and 40 for single bot actions/coms, and about 60 seperate ones for a multiple staged bot, its the best I could do without removing its unique behaviors. Still dont have an effective memory system set up, but it seems to hold out. Trimmed up some redundant tie sets to make the swarm more effective. I've also broken up the tie switches so bots can effectively feed from ties better; previously they would feed some from all, and try to share with other bots. Also, tweaked reproductive genes so it doesnt overpopulate itself, resulting in wasted energy.

I tried to trim this bot even further, but the conditions for each stage vary dramatically and produce similar results; and I'm afraid a super gene would mutate much more rapidly than a bunch of smaller ones.

Conditions for this bot: Pond Mode, F1 conditions, also spraed the starts from eachother. There sexrepro spirals out of control sometimes and can cause a major boom and crash. Very unique behaviors now inherited among the entire multibot. Many fixes to tie communications and added better switch for tie reading.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 10:54:59 AM by Botsareus »

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Chaotic Swarm ver 1.2 (MB)*(SA)
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 06:07:35 PM »
Seems to me you're still building on it, there's still room for improvement. Tell me when you're finished and want it entered into the CB league. That should give me time to do other things first.
CB disables mutations, so I suggest cutting the first dozen or so genes down to the Oculus II code, if I interpreted it correctly. Maybe branch off to a mutation-ignorant version;  at the moment, each cycle uses 50.4 nrg  just for the number of genes. For many one-store genes, you can shorten it to a single line; have a look at my guide to making a one-gene bot.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 06:18:56 PM by bacillus »
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."
- Carl Sagan