Author Topic: DarwinBot Awards  (Read 7758 times)

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
DarwinBot Awards
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2008, 06:02:28 PM »
That's what makes DB awards so special.
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."
- Carl Sagan

Offline gymsum

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
DarwinBot Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2008, 03:45:56 PM »
I think it would be nice if it was held in St. Petersburg every January 17th in the public square, since it would be Darwinian to run out into Russia in the middle of dead winter and hand out stupidity awards in front of drunk angry mobs.

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
DarwinBot Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2008, 01:22:39 AM »
If you want to go to Russia for no clear purpose whatsoever, go ahead. I won't stop you.
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."
- Carl Sagan

Offline gymsum

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
DarwinBot Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2008, 03:10:27 PM »
Quote from: bacillus
If you want to go to Russia for no clear purpose whatsoever, go ahead. I won't stop you.

Its not legal to enter russia wihtout clear intentions, or commercial backing for US citizens.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
DarwinBot Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2008, 03:46:39 PM »
Standing in the middle of St. Petersburg for an ironic gathering for an ironic award isn't a clear intention?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 03:47:07 PM by Numsgil »

Offline gymsum

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
DarwinBot Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2008, 08:16:02 PM »
Quote from: Numsgil
Standing in the middle of St. Petersburg for an ironic gathering for an ironic award isn't a clear intention?

Its not clear enough, you need to arrange for transportation to get to the middle of St. Petersburg, and its recommended to avoid taxis at all costs.

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
DarwinBot Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2008, 06:18:36 PM »
I'll gues this bot serves right to the price.  

It is a zerobot that catches energy from the veggies with shots. Problem is that it doesn't move much. And randomly shoots a conspec that is near too. Best way to not survive as a specie.

To let it survive, I won't promise it will be for very long through. (few k cycles would be achieved easily)
Just put it into at sim with F1-conditions. And put a lot of alga minimalis insite it, a lot.

txt and image attached.

Edit: added jpeg
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 06:28:34 PM by Peter »
Oh my god, who the hell cares.