Author Topic: sucide gene  (Read 3790 times)

Offline fulizer

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
sucide gene
« on: May 02, 2008, 08:58:12 AM »
ok heres my question.
I already know how to delete genes but if I want to make a bot turn itself into a corpse (to prevent another bot from getting its energy in this case) how could I do that?
"If this is coffee bring me tea, If this is tea, bring me coffee"

Offline Moonfisher

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
sucide gene
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 10:52:34 AM »
I would either power up a shot with more energy than I have and probably try to hit the oponent with it...
But you can also just spend the enrgy on growing body, slime and shell like crazy....
But in the end I would probably rather try to shrink to 1 in body size as fast as possible (Check the torpedoe behavior from spinner), and once you're this small you can either try to run away, fight with ties, or make lots of shell and stay put, only moving if you get hit....
Either way the oponent should spend more than it gains trying to kill you...

Offline Gambit

• Bot Builder
    • View Profile
sucide gene
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 11:49:33 AM »
-2 .shoot store
32000 .shootval store

thats the one I use.

Offline fulizer

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
sucide gene
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 08:48:44 AM »
I meant for a veg really.
I want it so that when it sees an enemy, touches something, gets shot, hits the edge of the simulation get old, or just plain looses to much energy in a cycle it kills itslef, stopping a predetor bot that probasbly caused most of it to not get the energy that  the veg gets from the program as well as the energy it already has with it.
so a shot would be good but none of them are really useful
-1 veg dont want it to hurt a predator
-2 I could feed someone like that
-3 has no defences
-4 energy is only spen on things you actualy carry out
-5stil has no defences
-6 still a veg so shoudnt hurt thing
of course there should be other ways.
anyone got any mroe ideas?
"If this is coffee bring me tea, If this is tea, bring me coffee"

Offline Moonfisher

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
sucide gene
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 09:22:42 AM »
Well I think you can kill yourself using fdbody, but then that wouldn't leave a corpse...
So I would either just try not to hit anything with the shot, or spend all the enrgy on making body/venom/poison (You can just have a harmless poison).
Not sure you can die by powering up a venom shot, but if you can you can just change venval to 0 and use a venom shot.
You can also try to make a child and shoot it, but if you hit the veggy cap you can't reproduce. If it's a MB you could have another bot kill you.
If there's another good way to die fast I'd love to hear it... would be a good tie attack

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
sucide gene
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 01:13:58 PM »
That's really the core issue here.  Any good suicide methods are also good attacks, so they tend to get nerfed to keep F1 fair and balanced.