Author Topic: free large evo sim  (Read 6976 times)

Offline Shadowgod2

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
free large evo sim
« on: January 10, 2015, 06:20:45 PM »
i started with a difficult environment with modified bots and they evolved very differently than i expected them to. i thought the animals would stay moving forward but they move to the side now instead. the alga ties to everything to move away from them but at the same time spins frantically. i see why they do what they do and it still surprises me.

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Re: free large evo sim
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 07:44:48 AM »
Going to try that out. Where do I put the file in DB?
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline Shadowgod2

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 10:08:21 AM »
that should be common sense. settings(.set) in the settings folder, robots(.txt) in the robot folder, simulation(.sim) in the saves folder

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 11:43:04 AM »
that should be common sense. settings(.set) in the settings folder, robots(.txt) in the robot folder, simulation(.sim) in the saves folder
Never rely on common sense in computers.
Computers do not have common sense, only functionality. And are easy to break.
Autism can allow so much joy, and at the same time sadness to be seen. Our world is weird, and full of contradiction everywhere, yet somehow at moments seems to come together, and make near perfect sense.

Offline Shadowgod2

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 12:18:39 PM »
ok step by step then:

1. extract all content from the zip folder

2. open your db folder C:\Users\(userprofile)\Darwinbots2

3. place all extracted content in correct folders.
   a. the .txt in robot folder
   b. the .sim in saves folder
   c. the .set in settings folder

you follow

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2015, 01:07:35 PM »
Yes I do.

Offline Shadowgod2

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2015, 04:45:44 PM »
update

they seem to be codependent on each other(alga less so than animal). the defence that the alga have formed has backfired and the animal reproduces when tied and with a high enough nrg of course.

i have also added 5 random moving shapes which has allowed the alga to explode to the 400s and more at times and the animal at about 100.
day/night and weather are in play which took quite a while for them to evolve to it(many restarts from saves).

next update in 1 month.
enjoy :)

Offline Shadowgod2

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2015, 07:20:49 PM »
ok the sim has ran itself into a dead end and won't last very long. i've tried to keep it going but the issue is the alga has become very unstable and kills itself by reproing too much in a non cancerous way.

they devolved tie dependence but to refbody or something like that. otherwise not much else has happened. :banghead: it was going sooo well too.

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2015, 06:32:06 AM »
ok the sim has ran itself into a dead end and won't last very long. i've tried to keep it going but the issue is the alga has become very unstable and kills itself by reproing too much in a non cancerous way.

they devolved tie dependence but to refbody or something like that. otherwise not much else has happened. :banghead: it was going sooo well too.

Shadow. If you want to get the bots to evolve, you really need to select your starting bots, then try to expand their code. Make it do the same thing, but it many more commands...Theres then more places to do stable mutation. Allowing for more flexibility in adaption

Offline Shadowgod2

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2015, 02:09:00 PM »
that's the thing. i want it to evolve without any dna corrections from me to a more stable code. it's suppose to be free real evo with only environmental changes only. in this case the mutation in the vegs that helped them also kills them.

Offline spike43884

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2015, 11:40:26 AM »
that's the thing. i want it to evolve without any dna corrections from me to a more stable code. it's suppose to be free real evo with only environmental changes only. in this case the mutation in the vegs that helped them also kills them.
Well. I didn't mean directly change throughout, just before you start your next one...a sort of even better if really...You need to over-complicate the code to do the same thing...make it do it in more commands, so it can mutate more, yet still stablely (as each mutation is only a very small change). I also suggest inserting 2 of each species in. so that they can mutate via different mutation amounts/types allowing for more biodiversity. Generally the best sim would run on a very large map, with a few shapes (maybe 6?) getting in the way (primarily you want to make it so they're hard to get past...the bots get stuck in them really). Then have about 3 animal species and 2 plant species. The superiorly coded species being on a lower starting energy. This causes the sim to start evenly, then you get the huge biodiversity and they can't just evolve instantly to wipe out all competition. Pondmode sims are quite fun as well, as the added difficulty forces mutation just to survive efficiently