Author Topic: The amazing Antbot  (Read 22832 times)

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
The amazing Antbot
« Reply #75 on: October 29, 2008, 11:53:22 PM »
It just caught my eye while delivering an order for a few friends of mine (they paid the postage for my order as well, which is about $12 US ATM   ).
Anyway, did something change radically in the tie physics somewhere between 2.43.1k and 2.43.1L? I copy-pasted the veggie-dragging code from antbot, and when the ants try to aim while tied to a veggie they get hurled in some random direction. I'm pretty sure that's the problem anyway because nothing else makes sense.
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."
- Carl Sagan

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
The amazing Antbot
« Reply #76 on: October 30, 2008, 05:39:27 AM »
Isn't the best way to test the same code in both versions. That way you will know sure if it is the version, or did you already try that.

I always knew numsgil was a goblin.
So you play magic, I used to play that too.
Oh my god, who the hell cares.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
The amazing Antbot
« Reply #77 on: October 30, 2008, 01:51:56 PM »
Yeah, I was big into it when I was like 13.  And when I was 19 in college, I did some online tournaments (didn't do very well).

Offline jknilinux

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
The amazing Antbot
« Reply #78 on: October 30, 2008, 06:33:17 PM »
Quote from: Welwordion
Well yes multibots are extremely difficult and I can not even make normal bots efficient enough to compete with the other bots, just have no talent for that and there were quite some failed MB projects from me however I must say that the bot I have attached before was not intented to have a defined shape thats what beeing an amoebais about however I can show you atleast one  specific defined MB shape I made , actually my test bot was supposed to be a study of a possible movement systems of this form.

Well and regarding the focuseye story, its what my beholder system builds on, 360 degree vision that remembers  and ignores friendly  targets under the condition they do not move to fast, well atleast its supposed to but like I said in  http://www.darwinbots.com/Forum/index.php?showtopic=2981 for some reason eye9 disbehaves in this regard and this system is really important for my current bot designs   (swarming behavior and MB can profit from ignoring friends or knowing where are friends if you need to look for information from them)

Welwordion-

But in that link you said you fixed it, right?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 02:09:27 PM by jknilinux »

Offline Drognan

• Bot Builder
    • View Profile
The amazing Antbot
« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2010, 10:10:33 AM »
Hey, sorry to bump in to old topic, but I am interested what happened from your antbot bacillus?

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
The amazing Antbot
« Reply #80 on: January 03, 2010, 07:58:06 PM »
I tried building a better version of it, which turned out to be very unstable (you may notice some unwanted behavioral problems with the queen.) The I lost the last stable version    and lost interest   ...
...anyway, I found making multibots so much more fun, and started working on a branching one (Hydra is the strongest one so far I think). Then I stopped for about a year as I went into study overload, began writing my own 3D fractal generators which kept me busy for ages (Hypercomplex numbers have hundreds of vague and arbitrary definitions), and recently rediscovered DB. I tried making a good evosim which has never previously worked for me, but now that you mention it, I might try and fix this bot.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 07:59:06 PM by bacillus »
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."
- Carl Sagan