Author Topic: Chaotic Swarms (F1) *(SA) (05-05-2008)  (Read 3563 times)

Offline gymsum

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Chaotic Swarms (F1) *(SA) (05-05-2008)
« on: May 05, 2008, 12:52:02 PM »
FILE TOO BUG TO FIT!

Ok, so I've been playing around with targeting systems using a modulous function on coordiantes based on positions of friends. Basically the outer shells act as a wall of shots for agressors, with the larger insides harvesting from veggies. Structure will change based on robage and mass, so eventually older bots will become the outer shell and the cycle continues, older bots overide commands of younger bots for a more focused group. Conspec genes fixed and no longer target eachother ocne caught in a action reaction event when caught in a cross fire by friends. The group acts in the most efficient way, when an enemy comes, a younger bot goes out and tries to hold them off and weaken them, each time it returns or another enemy comes near, an older veteran is sent out and so on until no more enemies aproach the swarm. Partly inspired by the Ant bot, I've added a new feature that gives some heirarchy based on kills, currently its not a group concious decision, but individuals will desire more kills as they age, and eventually leave the swarm through stage 55 and stage 5. They come back with more kills displayed they really made, sort of a lie to keep them from having to overkill. Conditions are F1, so far with no mutations, mutations should be ok, but will most likely not produce very many bots. I get about 1400 from 10 bots with no mutation except trhough sexual reproduction. About 360 bots can feed from 2-4 veggies without killing either population, those with more age eat more. Its still not a full new build, and it still uses a 360 eye system, makes it easier for communications. The swarm also develops the other stages within the swarm as a menas for protecting the food. The swarmers aer in the nearest to the veggies, the straglers taht join later are the predators, traps and stage 5 specials. Enjoy it.

I've decided not to post the code since it is a very large dnalen

*for when the Socially Aware league is finished
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 11:08:40 AM by Botsareus »

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Chaotic Swarms (F1) *(SA)
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 02:44:27 AM »
I'm not sure this would be eligible for the Communal Bot league; the way I interpret what you just said is that big ole bots move to the outside of their own accord, while others hide in the middle and eat veggies. The league only accepts bots that actively share food and/or exchange information with each other.
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."
- Carl Sagan

Offline gymsum

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 11:01:48 AM »
Quote from: bacillus
I'm not sure this would be eligible for the Communal Bot league; the way I interpret what you just said is that big ole bots move to the outside of their own accord, while others hide in the middle and eat veggies. The league only accepts bots that actively share food and/or exchange information with each other.

Sorry for any confusion, the bots do move to the outside, and they all sharenrg and waste, the only difference is tienum priority. When the bot moves to the outside and sees an enemy, they start sending coordinates via touts and outs, at the same time they stop feeding from veggies, and share from those still feeding on veggies; its a continuous cycle based more on robage than timer. The idea is a swarm that shares food and information, the problem I'm having is starting them up, they use a lot of energy and don't always find enough food for the swarm, so feeding often results in kill offs. I do believe that this bot falls under Social Bot category for those reasons.

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 02:17:35 AM »
Okay, I'll put it in, although it seems to go one step further into the multibot category.
I think there is some real room for improvement in this bot; for one, I'm sure the sheer multitude of genes is useless, even wasteful; try merging some genes together with similar conditions, then use OR statements or in-gene conditions to greatly reduce the complexity of the bot.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 02:22:09 AM by bacillus »
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."
- Carl Sagan