Author Topic: Communitus_Friendlius  (Read 9683 times)

Offline Moonfisher

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Communitus_Friendlius
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2008, 12:48:19 PM »
You forgot a pointer and reversed a couple of values and I think you reversed the whole thing in general
I think this is what you want :

cond
*.totalbots *.totalmyspecies 5 div >
*.nrg 15000 >
start
40 .repro store
stop

This will cause it to reproduce whenever it's species is below 1/5 of the total population and it has 15000 energy...

Also if you want a very steady conspec, I was thinking it would be possible to have only inline conditions for the offensive genes and include part of the conspec in each hostile gene. This could be an out value in each if you're not using them, or you could add some values together that form the right conspec.... either way the idea is to make sure that if the condition to your action changes, so will the conspec value...
Haven't thought about an exact way of doing it, but it should be possible without too much trouble I think...

Offline Gambit

• Bot Builder
    • View Profile
Communitus_Friendlius
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2008, 12:55:34 PM »
since this is now about multiple bots and no longer just a single species I'm goona move all discussion on this to the bot tavern.

I'll try that gene.

Offline Moonfisher

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Communitus_Friendlius
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2008, 03:28:54 PM »
Ha ha yeah I see why that didn't work...

cond
*.totalbots *.totalmyspecies 5 mult >
*.nrg 15000 >
start
40 .repro store
stop

would work...
but the one Eric posted in the other topic is better since it represents the actual percentage and you could replace the 10 with a constant, making it easy to tweek it.

def popPercent 10

cond
*.totalmyspecies 100 mult *.totalbots div .popPercent >
*.nrg 15000 >
start
40 .repro store
stop
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 03:35:08 PM by Moonfisher »