Author Topic: Release date  (Read 15971 times)

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Release date
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2008, 03:00:59 AM »
Hmm, that does sound useful.  Have you used it before?  How easy would it be to set up?

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Release date
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2008, 03:23:00 AM »
I haven't actually used it, I just heard it's a good tool. I could get my hands on the Java version, then see if it's worth implementing the .net version.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 03:23:50 AM by bacillus »
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."
- Carl Sagan

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Release date
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2008, 01:35:09 PM »
Only if it's easy to do   I wonder if there are any open source alternatives, too.  $800 is beyond what I like to spend on software

Offline gymsum

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Release date
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2008, 02:44:14 PM »
Quote from: Numsgil
Only if it's easy to do   I wonder if there are any open source alternatives, too.  $800 is beyond what I like to spend on software

Unless anyone knows Linux, C++/C are the most powerful languages to use. Java's nice, but eveything for programming comes standard in a REd Hat Linux CD, which is now open source I think.

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Release date
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2008, 02:08:47 AM »
I was able to see it in action yesterday. Clover can be run either as a standalone program or a workspace plugin; either way, you either load up or select a project, then explicitly compile and execute all the test cases. (This step shouldn't be hard assuming tests can be run in batches in C# as well as in Java). Clover will then generate an image/pdf/Text file showing all the code that wasn't referenced by the test classes.
 It looks like the commercial version is mightily expensive, but there is a free trial version that should do the job. Looking into Open Source alternatives as we speak.
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."
- Carl Sagan

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Release date
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2008, 05:25:24 PM »
Quote from: bacillus
... and am running F1 and updating the wiki at the same time.
Heh, I saw this. You´re runing F1. What does that mean, as I checked the beastery there are still desame number of bots. What exactly do you do with the leagues.

Oh my god, who the hell cares.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Release date
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2008, 05:40:52 PM »

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Release date
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2008, 06:18:51 PM »
I hope it's not too late, but don't read the whole thing. Past a certain point eg. the first couple of posts, there is absolutely no information.

This is a post giving information about lack of information  
- Carl Sagan