Code center > Darwinbots3

Release date

(1/11) > >>

jknilinux:
When will DB3 be released? It won't take years, will it?

bacillus:
I haven't had a look into the development of DB3, but I think it's via a repository system. The speed at which the project is done, therefore, depends on how many people are working on it. So if you want it to be finished sooner, get a thick book of C++ or whatever else the program is written in and chip away at whatever you understand enough so that the whole program doesn't disintegrate because of your "progress".
I would, but I'm too lazy to learn another programming language, and am running F1 and updating the wiki at the same time.

Moonfisher:
I wish it was C++, haven't looked at the source but I think I remember someone saying it's in VB...
I have nothing against VB, but haven't used it much and I love C++  
And yeah it sounds like they're using a repository, but realy any project where several people are working on it should use one.
I doubt they have any time estimates though, I think this is more of a hobby project for most people, so it's hard to know when things will get done.
Also I noticed the amount of new features has a tendency to grow faster than they can be made... so the release date probably won't be in sight till after a feature stop.

goffrie:
The current version of Darwinbots is in VB, Darwinbots 2.5 is in C++, and version 3 is in C#, IIRC. Confusing.

jknilinux:

--- Quote from: goffrie ---The current version of Darwinbots is in VB, Darwinbots 2.5 is in C++, and version 3 is in C#, IIRC. Confusing.
--- End quote ---

Why change the language so many times? Just use Java for 2.5, 3, and everything after that. Java is popular, easy, has tons of built-in GUI stuff, and will give you compilation errors ALL THE TIME to let you know when you're doing something that might give you a semantic error (aka code is less buggy). However, C, for example, is hard, has no GUI stuff, and will let you access the 5,000th element of a 200-element-long array.

Sorry for the rant.  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version