Author Topic: Erro 76  (Read 4214 times)

Offline rsucoop

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Erro 76
« on: April 27, 2008, 01:08:36 PM »
When I go to internet mode, it gives me runtime error 76 and then crashes. When I exit, it gives me a run time error 7 and crashes.

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Erro 76
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 01:38:05 PM »
This is likey specific to your install and therefor difficult for me to reproduce.  I think error 76 is a file problem.   I'll look it up.  Things to check:

You have a Transfers sub directory under your main install.
You have an intsett.ini file in your main install
You running DB out of the install location (so relativbe paths work right).

I'll try to reproduce but it's going to be difficult.  Have you changed computers or installed to a new location or created a shortcut to DB or anything like that recently where paths could be messed up?
Many beers....

Offline gymsum

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Erro 76
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 02:06:19 PM »
Its Vista, and when I did an install, the ini file is there. I'm running it through a shortcut on desktop.

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Erro 76
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 05:51:16 PM »
Quote from: gymsum
Its Vista

I think I already found your problem  
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."
- Carl Sagan

Offline gymsum

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Erro 76
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 06:48:21 PM »
Can someone test my new slim evo in internet mode? I just want to see how well it could do untilt the damn virus bots invade.

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Erro 76
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 09:05:34 PM »
Its Vista, and when I did an install, the ini file is there. I'm running it through a shortcut on desktop.
But the exe itself is in the root of you DB install, right?  by default this is c:\Program Files\DarwinbotsII
Many beers....

Offline gymsum

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Erro 76
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 10:00:40 PM »
um... its in downloads folder under my documents... DO you mind simply hosting my new slim evo on the internet sim? I just want to see how invasive it is.

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Erro 76
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2008, 10:06:00 PM »
um... its in downloads folder under my documents... DO you mind simply hosting my new slim evo on the internet sim? I just want to see how invasive it is.
That's the issue.  Pathes are relative from the exe's direcotry.

I'll introduce it to IM and see what happens.
Many beers....

Offline gymsum

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Erro 76
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2008, 11:42:11 PM »
Thanks very much eric, can't wait to know the results.

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Erro 76
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2008, 11:46:01 PM »
Thanks very much eric, can't wait to know the results.
I dropped 5 in, they got eaten by MoonFisher's Spinner v.1.3 pretty quick.  Pretty sure I got a functional cut and paste from the beastiary, but I may not have incubated them correctly.  Introducing new bots into IM is really something the author should do as they may need a specific starting nrg, a home sim with certain veggies, etc.  I just dropped them directly into the meat grinder....  

I'll try it again a few times, but I'd love to see you on IM too.....
Many beers....

Offline gymsum

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Erro 76
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2008, 12:56:23 AM »
lol. Yeah, they take a lot of veggies to hravest and establish, otherwise they overwork themselves in combat, thats why they have a return feature... Try them against another multibot, (multibot wars rock!) and they need at least 5000 starting nrg, they are built to move behind a bot to hit their unprotected back and avoid their shots, it was built to destroy the excalibur with little success. Ill fix it tommorrow after work so I can get in IM and really get something worth testing, the meat grinder is tough for that particular dna, it needs to evolve to be a better hunter, but it is very good at using energy from a veggie, and will try to feed entire colonies on just one veggie (not very well done).