Author Topic: Glitch in scoring system - OPEN  (Read 2979 times)

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Glitch in scoring system - OPEN
« on: April 08, 2008, 12:46:39 AM »
Sometimes when two bots are run together in a simulation, the contest drags on for a long time, even when one bot is the obvious winner. I had a fight that went on to 22-1 until finished, then Numsgil pointed out this is impossible with 5 rounds. It turns out the "number of rounds" label in the Restart and League bar resets back to 5, but with no effect.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 12:30:31 AM by EricL »
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."
- Carl Sagan

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 12:31:16 AM »
Any chance you could attach the DNA files of the two bots where you've seen this happen so I can reproduce?  Thanks.
Many beers....

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 01:20:34 AM »
Never mind, I figured the problem out myself. It appears the "number of rounds" field doesn't update properly after each restart, so the number of rounds used last simulation is transferred. I still think the system is out with its scoring system though; try Destinatus Preliator and Pacifist.
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."
- Carl Sagan