Author Topic: New bucket bug. RESOLVED 2.43.1i  (Read 2888 times)

Offline Moonfisher

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
New bucket bug. RESOLVED 2.43.1i
« on: April 11, 2008, 03:00:39 PM »
I'm running a simple bot in a sim with alge minimalis, and it seems like sometimes the alge don't get removed from the bucket propperly...
Sometimes bots seemed to get stuck in a loop, and since it's a neural network I just figured something was wrong with the weights... but it seems like they where acualy seing an ghost and trying to kill it...
It doesn't take too long for some bots to get stuck, and it seems like sometimes a ghost will get cleaned up... not sure if it's my settings or a general problem... only noticed it because the bot is so simple and slow.

I was running normal F1 settings with thin fluids, started with 15 bots and 100 alge, no mutations or anything.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 08:08:18 PM by EricL »

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 02:12:01 PM »
You're going to have to help me with this one by showing me a specific bot that is seeing a ghost.  You will be able to tell since the vision grid will show it seeing something that isn't there.

Never mind.  Found one.
Many beers....

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 08:35:10 PM »
Okay, found it.  Under certain circumstances (such as veggy repopulation) bots could get added to buckets twice.  When they died, one instance would be removed but the other would linger, creating the ghost.  Buckets could get longer over time, clogged with duplciate bot records.

Fixed in 2.43.1i.  Should provide some modest performance improvements in long running sims in that bucket lists should now remain short and compact and not clog up with duplicate entries.
Many beers....

Offline Moonfisher

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 03:00:48 AM »
Nice, my sim was getting real slow in the end, was running min size field, there was about 140 bots and 300 veggies, and it was running around a cylce per sec...
This should help a lot