Author Topic: egrid 2,36  (Read 4384 times)

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
egrid 2,36
« on: April 01, 2005, 09:18:00 AM »
ive looked at the egrid in 2,36, buts whats the point whit it now? is it only to show us how it will be? and why should you be able to see silica?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2005, 10:01:16 AM by zelos »
When I have the eclipse cannon under my control there is nothing that can stop me from ruling the world. And I wont stop there. I will never stop conquering worlds through the universe. All the worlds in the universe will belong to me. All the species in on them will be my slaves. THE ENIRE UNIVERSE WILL BELONG TO ME AND EVERYTHING IN IT :evil: AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE OF you CAN DO TO STOP ME. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline shvarz

• Bot God
    • View Profile
egrid 2,36
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2005, 10:12:56 AM »
Yeah, I think it does not do anything right now...  It does not even adjust to field sizes >1.  Just an example of what it would look like.  And my guess is that the layers that wa can see are just examples - they may not even make it to the final e-grid.
"Never underestimate the power of stupid things in big numbers" - Serious Sam

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
egrid 2,36
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2005, 12:26:47 PM »
What you see in the e-grid in 2.36 is just what I threw together in a couple of hours to test out the system

Right now the only layer that actually does anything is O2. At the start of a sim, all values are randomized in this layer then the values gradually spread form high to low until the whole grid is homogenized.

Other than that though, there are no interactions with anything except for the special case that shots not hitting anything are dumped to the grid as temperature just to test the interaction. (possibly disabled in the release)

You can pretty much ignore the e-grid in 2.36 as it isn't any use to anybody yet.

I thought Num was going to disable it for this release anyway.

At least he disabled the grid interaction that was crashing on anything above size 1.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world
Those who understand binary.
and those who don't

:D PY :D

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
egrid 2,36
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2005, 01:17:16 PM »
I was going to disable it but it meant alot of commenting code and perhaps not commenting all the code correctly, so I just disabled it from appearing when you pause.  If you want to look at it, you can use the menu.

I'm pretty sure I've said this elsewhere already...

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
egrid 2,36
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2005, 01:36:03 PM »
My updated code that I will send on Monday takes care of the pausing issue too. It is just a small mod in MDIForm1.

I also note that on my slower home PC, when running from code, the progress is a little jumpy due to the e-grid updating routine. I disabled this and it runs much smoother now.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world
Those who understand binary.
and those who don't

:D PY :D

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
egrid 2,36
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2005, 02:07:38 PM »
Num, did you know that in vb you can select a big porsion of code and comment it with one button? You dont have to go comment one line at a time...
« Last Edit: April 01, 2005, 02:08:04 PM by Botsareus »

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
egrid 2,36
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2005, 03:05:14 PM »
Num, did you know that in vb you can select a big porsion of code and comment it with one button? You dont have to go comment one line at a time...
 :blink:   You can?  Tell me!  I've been haunted by the lack of mass commenting functionality.

That wasn't the problem in this case though.  There were alot of one liners that would need to be commented out, as well as menus that would need to be removed.  Not worth it IMO.

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
egrid 2,36
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2005, 03:54:38 PM »
Microsoft Visual Basic Menu > View > ToolBars > Edit[ \// ]

Edit ToolBar > Comment Block

[you]more fun stuff:[/you]

Edit ToolBar > Indent

[you]Dont like the button Arrangement?[/you]

Microsoft Visual Basic Menu > View > ToolBars > Castumize....

[you]Finaly the shortcuts:[/you]

Back click in empty space of Microsoft Visual Basic Menu

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
egrid 2,36
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2005, 04:11:25 PM »
You learn something new everyday.