Author Topic: Delta of energy RESOLVED 2.43.1g  (Read 2931 times)

Offline shvarz

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Delta of energy RESOLVED 2.43.1g
« on: March 31, 2008, 03:15:35 PM »
I thought "delta" at the bottom of the sim shows the difference in the total amount of energy in the sim from cycle to cycle.
But I noticed in my sim that the actual changes in the total amount of energy (also reported at the bottom of the sim and the delta values don't match up. The delta is showing as ~2500, while the total energy in the sim goes up by only ~500.  Am I misunderstanding something or is this a bug?

Sim is attached.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 01:27:23 PM by EricL »
"Never underestimate the power of stupid things in big numbers" - Serious Sam

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Delta of energy RESOLVED 2.43.1g
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 01:34:28 PM »
The way the current delta works, it's the delta between the nrg of the current cycle and the averge nrg of the past 10 cycles.  This code was intended to address issues where the infobar got updated by the seconds timer mid-way through the cycle but it's not as useful as giving an actual cycle to cycle delta, particularly if your trying to tune the sim nrg flow.  So, in 2.43.1g, I've changed it so that the delta is what you would expect - the actual delta in nrg between the current cycle and the last cycle.  Things should add up now if you are single cycle stepping through a sim execution.
Many beers....