Author Topic: The F1 League lives again!  (Read 48602 times)

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
The F1 League lives again!
« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2008, 06:04:04 PM »
DAY 26
--------
Finished Destinatus Preliator; final score 41.
22.7% complete.
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."
- Carl Sagan

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2008, 07:27:08 PM »
DAY 27
--------
Finished Anon Terrifica; final score 28.5. Next up is Dominator Invincibalis.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 07:39:25 PM by bacillus »
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."
- Carl Sagan

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2008, 06:09:54 PM »
DAY 28-29
------------
Dominator Invincibalis done; final score 41.
- Carl Sagan

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 29, 2008, 07:16:35 PM »
DAY 30-31
------------
Finished Duplo Simpleboticus; final score 41.
- Carl Sagan

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 30, 2008, 05:50:24 PM »
DAY 32
--------
Finished Etch MKII; perfect score of 74.
- Carl Sagan

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2008, 07:31:48 PM »
DAY 33
--------
Finished Excalibur; final score 65. Now running Guardian 59 times.  
- Carl Sagan

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2008, 02:28:06 AM »
DAY 34-35
------------
Phew, I got Guardian out of the way, the rest should be easy! Final score 38. All that trouble for nothing...
Anyway, I'm going to have to slow progress down to a small trickle for the next few weeks, Exams and our overseas trip being almost consecutive...
Progress: 36.2%
- Carl Sagan

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 09, 2008, 06:43:04 PM »
Well, I am not sure if you have described it but what do the points you count mean.

I saw somewhere that there where multiple bots that where unbeaten, multiply4 was one of them   . Is it the purpose they fight eachother in the end or something.
Oh my god, who the hell cares.

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 09, 2008, 07:29:56 PM »
Well, to get an unbiased challenging system going, I'm running every single bot against every other bot, and the winner gets a point. This way there won't be some powerful bot rooted on 20th because 19th place uses some rarely-used defense system that prevents any other bot from entering the league.
Since my last post, I was able to finish 3 more bots: HDV4 (32), James 4 (37), and Kyushu (25).
Don't get your hopes up, No bot beat Etch MKII, but Ebola, Multiply4, Locust, and Occura Amplificis (  ) haven't been beaten by anything else.
- Carl Sagan

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 10, 2008, 04:19:20 PM »
Quote from: bacillus
Well, to get an unbiased challenging system going, I'm running every single bot against every other bot, and the winner gets a point. This way there won't be some powerful bot rooted on 20th because 19th place uses some rarely-used defense system that prevents any other bot from entering the league.
Since my last post, I was able to finish 3 more bots: HDV4 (32), James 4 (37), and Kyushu (25).
Don't get your hopes up, No bot beat Etch MKII, but Ebola, Multiply4, Locust, and Occura Amplificis (  ) haven't been beaten by anything else.
Nice idea to do, and you're right guardian was protected by stronger bots, martian tank3 was driven to place 20th or something, becouse it couldn't survive my speedys virusus . Lesser point is that it will take much of your time, but that is fine by me  

Multiply4 was, when it was made, the best of F1 and F2. So it will knock out ebola, I suspect  . I am not sure about the others.
Are the other bots only legal to compete in F1, I want to get my hopes up to be the best F2 bot in a F1 league  

I suspect the second version of etch will be using some dirty tricks like ties and/or viruses. And ebola uses virusus. Seems like I am atleast in the running for best F2 bot into F1.

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 10, 2008, 06:05:19 PM »
That's right, Etch pushes 10000 into mkslime or something like that. I made a mirrorbot that makes any bot its tied to do whatever it tries to do to the bot, but it has no proper way of feeding and dies before it completely gets rid of Etch.
- Carl Sagan

Offline Trafalgar

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 10, 2008, 06:38:03 PM »
Quote from: Peter
Nice idea to do, and you're right guardian was protected by stronger bots

*cough*
Various DBII changes since the last time I was here have resulted in Guardian becoming nearly blind, and its main form of attack no longer works. (There might be other things that have broken too, who knows)

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 11, 2008, 01:53:45 AM »
That's progress for you

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 11, 2008, 03:23:09 AM »
Quote from: Trafalgar
Quote from: Peter
Nice idea to do, and you're right guardian was protected by stronger bots

*cough*
Various DBII changes since the last time I was here have resulted in Guardian becoming nearly blind, and its main form of attack no longer works. (There might be other things that have broken too, who knows)
Well, I knew that the various changes have broken it. To have the league winner you first had to beat the other bots. But you can agree that guardian at it current form is being protected by the others. Multiply had a hard time coming through the places before it, the fight with guardian was just incredible fast over, pretty much instakills. That says something if you see the slowdown guardian has onto the program.

It stays poor that the massive complicated bot guardian doesn't work anymore. My bots are so extremely simple in comparison.  

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 12, 2008, 01:57:20 AM »
Well, at least Guardian doesn't use swarm tactics. That could do a serious lockdown on your computer's speed.
- Carl Sagan