Author Topic: The F1 League lives again!  (Read 42700 times)

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
The F1 League lives again!
« Reply #150 on: September 25, 2008, 12:37:53 AM »
OK, new standings after friut flies:

1-Etch MK II
2-Occura Amplificis
3-TieFighters
4-Pacifist
5-Fruit Flies
6-Locust
7-Ebola
8-Multiply4
9-Excalibur
10-Cadillus
11-Blue on Blue
12-Bubbles
13-Reaper
14-Detonator v1.2
15-Martian Tank 3
16-Singula Haloculus v2.1
17-The One
18-Republican Wasp
19-Spinner v1.5
20-Virulens Locatus
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."
- Carl Sagan

Offline Commander Keen

• Bot Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 25, 2008, 02:50:21 AM »
Spinner remains on top of the F2 league, even without leaching. No surprises there

Offline Moonfisher

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 25, 2008, 07:04:54 AM »
Fruit flies lost to pacifist ? I gotta admit I only had the patience to finish one fight when I was testing after that I used the auto win button when things where headed the same way.
I'm running the fight again... but so far Fruitflies has won 2 out of 2 fights... I'm running version L though.... but so far even when pacifist manages to infect the alge it still ends up loosing...
Also seems I should have a look at republican wasp... seems like spinner should be able to beat it... I'm probably paying for not putting a propper viral defence gene in spinner
But I don't want to leave it at the bottom, I remember it was a pain to beat martian tank 3 with my first F1 bot because it was stuck at the bottom for having poor viral defence but it was nr 3 in F2 and was still pretty hard to beat... just feels wrong that people need to beat spinner to get in top 20 for F1....

Either way right now I'm working on an IM fruit fly multi bot something... not realy sure where I'm going with it, but I have some ideas...
I may also make a v0.2 for fruitflies, found a clever way to let it addapt quickly to it's oponent through natural selection (Since reproduction is so fast).
It was a litle risky against Etch II though, kept falling behind at first, looked like it was going to loose some times... but if I perfect the method I'll post a v0.2 wich should clear the feald a lot faster without increasing the compexity of the bot. (I want to keep it simple, big fan of Occura).

Anyway fruitflie just won the 3rd fight against pacifist while I was typing, so I'll focus on the IM version for now... I'll let the fight keep running to make sure, but it looks like fruitflies is using something that doesn't work in the DB version you're running the leagues in or something like that (Which version are you using? then I can check)... I think I also tested against Occura, but not sure it was the latest version, and haven't checked if it beats tie fighters, but I think it should be able to...

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 25, 2008, 08:10:54 AM »
Quote from: EricL
I have been unsuccessful in hand-authoring a version of Seasnake that can long survive against the mutated version, now at 3000+ mutations.  Think of that.  Over 3000 mutations.  Fricking amazing.  Whether hand-authored bots can do well against such beasts is the root of curiosity.
Well, I had some seasnakes teleporting into the sim. In that current sim they didn't stand a chance. A combination of republican bee, excelibur and spinner is pretty hostile .
But after a while the population-number of my bots exploded. Going towards >6000. And then suddenly every single bot died, I gues I had cost-pop-control. Then I saw seasnake coming in and slowly take over the sim. Just very slowly, a little to slow for my opinion in a sim filled with defendless veggies. Many handoutered bots would do much better. I gues the power of these bots is, stick together.

Hmm, don't be afraid it can't be beaten. If needed I make one that defeats it.

Beating spinner to get to the best 20# in F1, that could be hard.
Hmm, just make enough bots to knock spinner out of the league then we haven't got this problem.
Oh my god, who the hell cares.

Offline Moonfisher

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 25, 2008, 10:53:25 AM »
Quote from: Peter
Hmm, just make enough bots to knock spinner out of the league then we haven't got this problem.

Oh no you don't! I'll get to work on Spinner right away... get some viral defences in there or whatever it needs to get a litle further in F1.

I also posted a v0.2 for Fruit flies... it's now in one gene and it's shorter, simpler and better than v0.1
I'll also be using it as a virus in an IM bot once I get around to making it...
And it adapt to it's oponent through natural selection which I think is pretty cool for a league bot

And it should beat F1... atleast in DB 2.43.1L... I haven't checked in any other version...
I only tested this version against Etch II, Pacifist and Multiply... and it beats all of them 5-0...
Not sure what will hapen if it's run in older versions... and I just noticed 2.44 is out, so I'll have to run the fights again I guess

Offline Commander Keen

• Bot Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 26, 2008, 12:26:28 AM »
Just running BOTbot, then all that's left is to run Spinner 1.51 (Just in case it doesn't make 1st place, have to be sure...) and then the Lovebot. I'm hoping Lovebot won't take long to run, but I have a bad gut feeling about it...

I'll post up the league standings just before I run Lovebot...

And after that I can improve Republican Wasp

Offline Commander Keen

• Bot Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 26, 2008, 02:52:06 AM »
The new bots have been assimilated(except for Lovebot...):

#F2
1 - Spinner_v1.51(F2)(Moonfisher)26-09-08
2 - ThisnThat1.01(F2)(Peksa)12.05.08
3 - Multiply4(F1)(F2)(Peter)19-12-07
4 - Excalibur 1.12 (F2)(Light)-06.03.07
5 - Martian Tank 3 (F2)(Martian)-06.07.2007
6 - Excalibur (F2)(Light)-26.02.05
7 - Republican Bee (F2)(Commander Keen)
8 - Bubbles (F2)(Jez)-21.08.06
9 - Blue on blue (F2)(Jez)-05.08.06
10- Martian Tank 2 (F2)(Martian)-04.07.2007
11- Markus Volithistralis2 (F2)(Ark)-08.02.06
12- Hunter V2.3 (F2)(PY)-26.04.05
13- Ymir (F2)(Numsgil)-21.02.05
14- Ratticus Rex (F2)(Jez)-27.02.07
15- SWARM 2.0 (F2)(Elite)-10.03.07
16- Zebedee V2.1 (F2)(Jez)-26.07.06
17- Icarus (F2)(Light)-26.11.04
18- Spiral (IB)(F2)(abyaly)-16.06.07
19- Tortuca Mechanica (F2)(Eight)-18.09.04
20- Purple Swarmer (F2)(PY)-23.02.05
21- One Man Bucket (SS)(F2)(abyaly)-03.04.07
22- Seasnake_1.0
23- Brevis (SS) (F2) (Moonfisher) 22-03-08
24- Fishy (IB)(MacadamiaNuts)-11.06.07
25- OculusInfinitusv1.1(F2)(CommanderKeen)
26- Vermis Bicerebrus
27- Massed Hunter(F2)(rayz)
28- Daedelus (F2)(Light)-29.07.04
29- BOTbot(Bacillus)
30- Purple Flamma (F2)(PY(Mod))-04.01.05

A lot of new bots are on the board, and a great many have fallen off. One Man Bucket seems to be stopping a great number of bots from going up the league...
Also of note, Zebedee went up 11 places, and Excalibur remains highly competitive, although several bots have managed to beat it.
Overall, I think it will be a lot harder for bots to get into the F2 league now. The standard of bots has defintely gone up

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 26, 2008, 10:32:28 AM »
Quote from: Moonfisher
Also while I'm typing anyway... does anyone else have problems with DB 2.44 ? Was going to sugest we run all the leagues in 2.44 from now on, but I can't actualy run a league in DB 2.44 so...
I also get strange bugs, when adding a bot to the list of bots, sometimes it's like I'm not sure which bots are which, I add a bot and the other bots switch around colors and setting , if I run a league it ends after one fight claiming there are no more bots... I don't have a specific bug report or anything, just getting some wierdness....
Yeah, the species list is sorted now but this breaks the league code.  I'm working on it.
Many beers....

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 02, 2008, 08:29:45 PM »
Thanks to Commander Keen's competence, I have figured out how to run leagues automatically   . This will make integrating the F2 league easy. (Already ran 7, plus the 7 that were already entered)
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."
- Carl Sagan