Bots and Simulations > Bot Tavern

Multi Bot Ant

<< < (3/3)

Numsgil:
If we ever get more than like 1 functinal antbot species we should form a league.  The rules would be something along the lines of:

1.  Any individual that reproduces must not be capable of finding its own food.
2.  Any individual that finds its own food must not be capable of reproducing.

PurpleYouko:

--- Quote ---1. Any individual that reproduces must not be capable of finding its own food.
2. Any individual that finds its own food must not be capable of reproducing.
--- End quote ---

Except where a bot that meets criteria 1 dies and has to be replaced by a bot previously meeting criteria 2.
Basicly a bot should be able to morph from one to the other at need but not do both at once.

Have you played with ant-bots Num?

Numsgil:

--- Quote ---Have you played with ant-bots Num?
--- End quote ---
Only in thought.  I haven't tried any code yet.  Here's wht I'm thinking:

At birth an ant is defined to either be a mating male/new queen or a worker.  Worker's aren't allowed to become queens.  Only a new queen can become a queen.

So if the old queen dies, what happens? Either the colony dies or an new queen that's in the area claims leadership.

The idea then is that the 5 bots you start with are all new queens and each forms a different colony.

I'll start playing with ant bots when the env grid allows for 'dirt' that can be dug into (for a nest) and pheremone trails.

Having workers become queens would make league rules for an ant league very difficult.  If you can design an ant bot using the two rules I outlined above you definately have an ant like species.

Also, any ant bot league should have a much larger field size.  The tiny tiny F1 size isn't appropriate for any kind of ant species.

And the new queens should probably start with a lot more energy than normal F1 bots.

Here's what I imagine:

The green specks show where food may be found, and where bots are placed at the start of the simulation.

This obviously implies a fairly advanced:

1.  Robot placement tool
2.  Env Grid:
* For phermone trails
* For "dirt"

PurpleYouko:
You should try running my Ant-bot 5 (if you haven't already)

The queen is created with a random ID number which is then transferred to her workers so that they can identify here using memloc and memval.

Workers also remember the locaton of the queen so that they can return with food.

If a worker returns to an empty nest, it becomes the new queen.

Don't know how well it works in 2.36 though.

Pheremone in the grid will be cool  B)

Zelos:
it was the .shootval I ment, dont know why I said .tieval. anyhow. I use the .shootval and they just stop after a while. and the phermone stuff did I sugjest a while ago.
I like the challange :D of making it. but I continue whit this bot later when we got the mebo system working.

and the stuff that a worker can become queen doesnt I like. ive never heard that ants can make a worker a queen. but I think I make it so that the queen later disconnect all the arms if it loses one or are under attack. right before it do it it sux all the energy it can get. After that it run away to form a new colony or simple lead the old workers to the new place by phermones.

how about that idea?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version