Bots and Simulations > Bot Tavern

Multi Bot Ant

(1/3) > >>

Zelos:
Hi everyone. We all know PYs ant. im working on something better. in the old forum I sugjested making a MB ant where each type looks different. That is what im working on. Each type have a body of its own, a working is very simple while the queen have the most complex form. The queen look like this:
--- Code: ---    O
    |
    O
   / \
  O   O
--- End code ---
and the worker:
--- Code: ---O-O
--- End code ---
Qurently ive only made the body and construciton of them ready. the behavior is still left. Ive come up whit things that makes the genome alot shorter. When we want a new worker, farmer or what ever I add in the future, ive come up whit a system that makes the genome X-1 genes shorter. X=amount of body types. And the body of the queen uses only 2 genes :D hopefully I will finish this and make it work B)

PurpleYouko:
What happens when a queen dies?

Are workers able to become new queens or will the colony just fall apart?

Zelos:
havent worked that out yet, I start making it work whit out that the queen dies, then I can take that prob in to the calculation. but an idea would be that the queen makes an egg that a worker can stimulate to become a queen if it dies. like:
Q=Egg
O=bot
*=shoot
--- Code: ---                 O
                 |
  Q***O-O   ->   O      O-O
                / \
               O   O
--- End code ---
or maybe that when a arm feels the brain (I call the middle one brain) is gone it becomes a new queen. like:
--- Code: ---    O          O          O
    |                     |
    O    ->          ->   O   X 3
   / \                   / \
  O   O      O   O      O   O
--- End code ---
wonder which would be best

PurpleYouko:
That would be cool  B)

How do you plan to make an egg though? Also how will the workers recognize it as a dormant queen?

Can't wait to see the working version  :D

Zelos:
the egg can be alone between to of the arms of the queen, or even be the brain, coz its most likly the middle part survives, coz I think I add that, when it feels its about to die it will drain all the energy and delete all ties so it can save up energy to survive a bit longer. or an egg can be planted at the edge of an arm. dormant queen? you mean dominate queen?

but when it comes to reproduction im thinking on useing sexrepro when we shall have a new queen. how is that supposed to be done? I think that the queen makes 1 eggs or something, when that one shall be created I use .mrepro. but then the arm use sexrepro whit the new cell and we get a new bot that does have mutations but hopefully not to many.

im also thinking on making it so they can check a worker or anything if it got vitial mutations to the body structer. like that I have a .mutcheck and each gene that construct the body add X to that value and then its put to a .out memory. if its wrong the worker see it as threathening and kill it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version