Welcome To Darwinbots > Newbie

Strange thing happens...

(1/2) > >>

thelemurgod:
Just for the hell of it, I decided to run a simulation with a bunch of bots, but checked them all off as autotrophes.  Within a few cycles (~60) the simulation stops with the error message, "Robots are all dead, simulation stopped".  The funny thing being, that none of them had died in only the first second of simulation.

So can you not have a simulation entirely of autotrophes? :(

shvarz:
No, you can't.  You can let it go for several more cycles by pressing the "GO" button, but it will stop with the same error anyway.

Just put it into suggestions forum.  I'm sure this can be easily fixed, because now we are going to have "super-cool PY's system for event triggers".  So we don't need it anymore.

PurpleYouko:
I would foresee this issue disappearing in V3.0 when we remove the absolute differences between veggies (autotrophs) and animals (non autotrophs)

With the distinction between veggie and animal blurred, there will be no reason for stopping simulations when all but autotrophs have died.

Respawning veggies is going to be a headache though.  :wacko:

Zelos:
if tere is no exact limit between plants and animals in DB, then there is no need for respawning, if the bot kills all the plants its a sign that its to good and need to be simulated whit either a better plant or be worse.

shvarz:
Well, in you "event triggers" system you can always say "When population of bot A is less than 10, repopulate bot A".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version