Author Topic: .sexrepro reimplemented in 2.43.1  (Read 17254 times)

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
.sexrepro reimplemented in 2.43.1
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2008, 06:02:27 PM »
Quote from: rsucoop
Is there a way to push information into memory locations of an egg? Through a tie or info shot?
Sure.  It's just a bot.  The only difference between an egg and a bot is that it was 'layed' by it's parent storing a value between -16001 and -32000 inclusive into .sexrepro instead of via normal asexual reproduction using .repro.
Many beers....

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2008, 02:11:34 PM »
So which crossover algorithm is going to be used (or is used)? "Num's" or "EricL's" ?
Thank you for your time...
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 02:13:01 PM by Botsareus »

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2008, 03:51:01 PM »
The algorithm I demonstrated with the attachment above is the one the current program uses to match DNA strands.

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2008, 01:50:39 PM »
Very Cool , So sexrepro works now? (I wish I had access to the program to check it out)

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2008, 02:48:33 PM »
Yes, it works.  Don't know if anyone's used it in any evo sims yet, but I've certainly seen some league bots that use it.

Offline Peksa

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2008, 05:50:26 PM »
I've been running an evosim with sexually reproducing bots for 1,3M cycles now.

As usual, mutations have broken everything that isn't absolutely necessary for survival and now I'm hoping to see some improvement in the next few million cycles. I set up the bots to fertilize bots of their own species when they had over 2 body. Basicly evolved DNA's behaviour is very much the same as the original, it just uses less bp to do it so mutations have lower probability to break something down.

I've just added shapes that bots can see in one corner of the sim (size 12) and maybe, just maybe they'll evolve more conditions for shooting. That'd be a killer.

The problem is, there isn't any evolution for veggies as bots depend heavily (well, fully) on repopping veggies and kill them quickly. Bots are just adapting to stable conditions. One idea I've been toying with is to add multiple types of veggies to provide a little bit of variety. I think veggie repop randomly chooses which one to drop in. With large enough fields, larger than size 12, it should be possible to create at least semi-stable ecosystem. Thats really hard to hand-code as the species have to be efficient enough to survive and inefficient enough to let some of the other to live too.

I've attached the evosim if someone wants a look at it. It's nothing special really, just the .sexrepro.