Author Topic: SG bot beats Din  (Read 5247 times)

Offline Endy

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
SG bot beats Din
« on: March 27, 2005, 10:38:02 PM »
Wow!! The new efficency commands worked wonders, Din was just defeated by a version of Explectus(Jez's Originally). Admitedly it uses some of Din's own dna, but the sheer efficency of design is what pulled it ahead. Not only that but it makes itself into one giant virus, to get veggies to join a fight(Call in the Calvary :) ). Absolutly [you]amazing[/you] to see all the bots joining in on a battle.

Endy B)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2005, 10:57:01 PM by Endy »

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
SG bot beats Din
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2005, 10:40:03 PM »
What, you mean the one that's already posted?  Or another explectus?

Offline Endy

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
SG bot beats Din
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2005, 10:56:48 PM »
Expletus Unocomplitus by Jez

I think was the original, I haven't looked recently. It is currently at version 11, so it has been seriously modified from the original. Only the basic parts are still the same, most of the rest of it has been changed.

Endy B)

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
SG bot beats Din
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2005, 11:02:29 PM »
I don't think I have it on my computer.  Will you post it to the beastiary?

Speaking of short bots that beat DIN...

Give Spanish Conquistador a try.

Offline Endy

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
SG bot beats Din
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2005, 11:17:55 PM »
I will :)

I decided to halt looking into using delgene to get rid of viruses. Let's just say a simple command of delgene dec was enough cause Din to wipe itself out. I think the viruses will have to be defended against instead of fought directly. :(

Endy B)

Offline Endy

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
SG bot beats Din
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2005, 09:41:34 PM »
Oops nevermind...Din lost due to something in the buggy version. Gave the SG a sound beating in new version. After some brainwracking :wacko:  I modified Din enough to beat Nums bot(crazy thing keeps firing while going sideways :D ). Added a small virus that uses increasing numbers to help itself spread (more viruses means virus shoots itself farther). Plus it makes enemies repro at 1%, which probably helps the attack along :)

Din2

Endy B)

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
SG bot beats Din
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2005, 04:07:09 PM »
I dont like this stuff about din losing , I say trace that bug as soon as possible...

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
SG bot beats Din
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2005, 04:19:55 PM »
According to Endy it is fixed...

Unless you don't like the idea of DIN losing to any bot.  And then that's not really a bug.  It's progress.

Offline Endy

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
SG bot beats Din
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2005, 02:06:16 AM »
True. It would be nice to see another bot actually manage to beat Din in a normal fashion. Din just uses several of the best features of other bots, so it shouldn't be too hard to do better. Din2 managed to wipe itself out after a long while(7000 cy approx). I think I'm going to need to make Din more immune to it's own viruses.

Endy B)

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
SG bot beats Din
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2005, 02:30:52 AM »
Spanish Conquistador is 100% immune to its own viruses.  Give it a look to see how it's done.

Offline Light

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
SG bot beats Din
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2005, 05:32:39 PM »
I decided to halt looking into using delgene to get rid of viruses. Let's just say a simple command of delgene dec was enough cause Din to wipe itself out. I think the viruses will have to be defended against instead of fought directly. :(
I am curious does that mean that you dont think it is possible to detect and delete viruses?

I have just started looking at it and have a few ideas but still far off a working system

Offline Endy

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
SG bot beats Din
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2005, 06:05:22 PM »
It is possible but it is equally possible for the virus to subvert your checker and cause the bot to delete it's own genes. I made a sort-of gene roll call that activated each gene in turn causing it to check it was in the correct location. If it sensed it was not it then deleted the viral gene before it.

Unfortunatly the method used to check (combination of *.thisgene, Signaling memval, and OR) was just as susceptable to viruses so it was impossible to be sure the correct gene was deleted. The start and end genes are the only two locations that can be 100% positive when they have a v-gene before/after them.

Endy B)