Author Topic: IM not working RESOLVED (DUPLICATE)  (Read 2851 times)

Offline shvarz

• Bot God
    • View Profile
IM not working RESOLVED (DUPLICATE)
« on: January 04, 2008, 04:14:54 PM »
Similar to the problem described before, my sims can't connect to the ftp server. The icon shows full connectivity, with both computers lighted green. But every connection attempt gives back "Time out, disconnecting" message. Today, I had just one successful  transfer right after I started the sim. Since then I only got back my own bots or had the time-out message.

It used to work fine for me, but the last week or so had been horrible.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 02:04:11 PM by EricL »
"Never underestimate the power of stupid things in big numbers" - Serious Sam

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 04:17:29 PM »
Pretty sure its the server.  Nothing changed.  I get the same thing, even with older versions...
Many beers....

Offline fulizer

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 08:54:35 AM »
I would look into this but my computer (another computer is mine not the one im  using now) doesn't ahve the internet
"If this is coffee bring me tea, If this is tea, bring me coffee"

Offline shvarz

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 05:04:00 PM »
Well, it kinda works today...

Anyway, I don't see much point in IM right now.  I have a sim that is completely isolated from other sims even in IM. None of the bots that come into my sim from other people are able to survive for long. And when my bots leave, they are doomed for certain death. The only thing that got transferred successfully was viruses.

We need a way to make sims more cohesive. A simple "click on user name and download settings" button would help a lot.
"Never underestimate the power of stupid things in big numbers" - Serious Sam

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 02:05:58 PM »
I'm resolving this duplicate for two reasons.  First, I already have it on my work list to move IM to a different server and address the connectivity issues.  Second, the download sim template feature request is also on my work list.  Resolving this helps me focus on the open bugs that are immediatly actionable as opposed to further out work items.
Many beers....