Author Topic: It's too quiet!!!  (Read 4029 times)

Offline shvarz

• Bot God
    • View Profile
It's too quiet!!!
« on: March 31, 2005, 03:58:27 PM »
How was your day?

I came in early, read some DB and LJ, talked to my boss, spent 1 hour at a weekly meeting, worked for less than an hour, read some DB and LJ, had lunch.  Now I am going to read some DB and LJ and work some more...
"Never underestimate the power of stupid things in big numbers" - Serious Sam

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
It's too quiet!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 04:12:35 PM »
What's LJ stand for?

Anyway, now you can run some DB with 2.36.

Offline Botsareus

• Society makes it all backwards - there is a good reason for that
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
It's too quiet!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005, 04:13:41 PM »
Well all the activaty that was going on was I posted an updated virsion of my plasment control code , I posted an example of oval plasment , and I finaly got down to write the code for the draggy things themselfs , and not like in the current plasment control virsion it actualy stops the mouse from going over the limits.

Currently I am experimenting with the oval plasment control myself , it turns out rnd uses timer and timer only to generate all of its random numbers , so I figured out how to make galaxies inside the oval without doing any calcules on it. Another waird thing about it is:

lets say you have a skinny oval , rnd angel will still be the same for 90 degrees or for 180 degrees , but it takes 10 points to fill up the 90 degree radios , and 2 points to fill up the 180 degree radios, how come bouth ends fill up the same?

This is all intersting science and I will be working on that for the rest of the day I think.

Offline MightyPenguin

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
It's too quiet!!!
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2005, 05:35:44 PM »
Nums, he means livejournal. He's obviously a fan of whiny teenage girls bitching about how they're going to kill themselves because they broke a nail.

Offline shvarz

• Bot God
    • View Profile
It's too quiet!!!
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2005, 10:25:08 AM »
Heh, MP, I've heard that american part of LJ is like that...  Russian is quite different.
It started with some well-known profesional writers/journalists/profeesors using it as a playground to discuss things with each other in private.  As a result its main boost was from well-educated people interested in politics, art and culture (besides, at the time there was no russian interface).  Sure, once it got popular, we got our share of moaning teenagers, but it already established itself as an unofficial media outcome.   Just to give you an example, I'm going to open my "friend-list" and list five top posts:

1. Post about being able to take life less-seriously (related to April's Fools day)
2. Discussion of personal gun laws in Russia and whether allowing personal weapons would lead to increase in violence (right now they are banned)
3. A post about one's mother, how around 70 she started preparations for her own death, including purchasing a casket.  Now she is 82 and still alive and functional.
4. Fresh impressions of a russian anthropologists who is temporarily working/studying in Florida.
5. Post about pro-gun demonstrations in Moscow.
"Never underestimate the power of stupid things in big numbers" - Serious Sam

Offline MightyPenguin

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
It's too quiet!!!
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2005, 12:42:57 PM »
Bloody hell.

Get thee behind me, demon.