Author Topic: Explosion virus  (Read 5141 times)

Offline Diggsey

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
Explosion virus
« on: June 17, 2007, 12:00:28 PM »
This is my first virus, and it basically causes every unprotected bot to explode in a shower of shots, containing copies of the virus. It spreads extremely fast.

Here is the initial bot code:

Code: [Select]
cond
=
start
*.thisgene .mkvirus store
250 .vshoot store
.aimsx
store
.repro
store
stop

end

Offline abyaly

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Explosion virus
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 09:02:22 PM »
Hi. Welcome to DB.
That's a good idea for a virus (it actually includes the two most popular virus elements).
But there is a way you can make it a bit more..  explosive   First, you may want to increase the amount of rotation it creates so that an infected bot will repro in all directions. Second, if you give bots that catch the virus a one-time thrust as they are born, they will move away from the parent to cover a larger area and look a bit like fireworks.
Lancre operated on the feudal system, which was to say, everyone feuded all
the time and handed on the fight to their descendants.
        -- (Terry Pratchett, Carpe Jugulum)

Offline Diggsey

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
Explosion virus
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 12:40:41 PM »
Thanks for the ideas  

I have been trying to make it infect the 'Furiae' bot, but have found that it's impossible unless two viruses or a virus and a bullet hit it at the same time. I made infected bots fire out bullets which deleted genes in robots that they hit. The problem was that the last gene in 'Furiae' set delgene, and other useful commands to 0. Bullets can't contain two commands, and viruses can't contain two genes, so the only way is for two to hit at exactly the same time (which is almost impossible  ).

edit:

Here is the updated version. It now deletes some of the host's genes incase of an an antivirus system.

cond
=
start
250 .vshoot store
.aimsx
store
.repro
store
.up
store
*.thisgene
sub
.delgene
store
stop

end
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 12:57:33 PM by Diggsey »

Offline cliftut

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
Explosion virus
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 03:45:17 PM »
If you want to see a real explosion, try it using this bot of mine. It mutated during a battle against mutating veggies, giving it the tieing ability. It looks pretty cool if you put it in a sim and let it catch the virus, because it makes ties with all of it's children while shooting out the virus.

Here is the link to my bot.

Tell me what you think. Sorry about the length of the bot. Product of evolution.
I want these graphs to look superb. ...
I want these graphs to be scalable. ...
I want these to be the smoothest, most user friendly aspect of the program. I want people to marvel at our superb graphs.
             -Numsgil, motivational speaker at work. ;)

Offline fulizer

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Explosion virus
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2007, 05:03:15 AM »
that is a good idea but falls short of the problem of if it gets too close it could easily fall victim to its own virus.
also try looking at elites tutorial as it includes how to makes shots go further.
shots that go everywhere would be so cool to watch
"If this is coffee bring me tea, If this is tea, bring me coffee"

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Explosion virus
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2007, 05:30:38 AM »
Okay fullizer, here ya go with a awful self-replicating virus. It will continue to replicate until the energie of all bots is gone, put this in any bot and it will kill everything.

start
1500 .vshoot store
stop

And btw. It isn't the only way to defeat furiae-virus-system, inserting two viruses at desame time. Another simple one, is having the luck it goes in the last gene, that way you can overide any delgenes.
Oh my god, who the hell cares.

Offline fulizer

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Explosion virus
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 09:02:44 AM »
yes overiding stuff is fun especially when the bot thats been annoying you with its plain superiority over any of your bots.
anyone who makes an invincible virus will find that it will not be invincible for long.
I hope your virus kicks cyber butt
"If this is coffee bring me tea, If this is tea, bring me coffee"

Offline bacillus

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Explosion virus
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 05:53:37 PM »
Is there any use of the 0 0 = condition? Remember, the smaller the virus, the quicker it replicates. Have a look at Commander Keen's Profero Victoria; its virus works in very similar ways.
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."
- Carl Sagan