Author Topic: Editor  (Read 3717 times)

Offline k0zm0

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
Editor
« on: March 26, 2005, 05:47:48 AM »
Wouldn't it be great to edit and test bots in real time? With a build-in editor that could be possible.  them (
I like that radious circle around the bots, when you click ongot the 2.36 version from Numsgil). Wouldn't be also great to add eyes sections to it, like from eye1 - eye9.
And then to change color when they see something with their eyes.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2005, 06:02:51 AM by k0zm0 »
I'm not crazy and I'm not normal.
If I were normal, I would go crazy.

Offline k0zm0

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
Editor
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2005, 06:03:22 AM »
Another picture
And prehaps even more stuff can be added.
I would like to see if would be possible to record DNA with suggested editor.
You would run a editror, and place an empty body on the sim. Then, when you would click it, there could be lines that represent the following:
bot angle, shoot angle, tie angle and eyes. When you would hit the button "begin record", you would move the lines and values would be stored, when you hit the "end record" button.
Benefits?
Example: You edit the bot and you write the DNA, and then you place a veg somewhere in bots eye view. But you can't seem to quite accuratly hit the bot.
No problem. You run the editor, record the shoot angle line to accuratly hit a veg. Here you go. The correct value that is needed to make your bot hit the veg. This is only used to get the values, not for writing DNA.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2005, 06:15:57 AM by k0zm0 »
I'm not crazy and I'm not normal.
If I were normal, I would go crazy.

Offline Endy

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Editor
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2005, 05:53:51 PM »
There used to be something like what you're talking about(DB vers 1.5?) but I think we lost touch with the guy who made it. It would be cool to see something like that again, especially since it would be easier for people to understand than the convoluted code we all use.

Endy B)

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Editor
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2005, 11:31:52 AM »
That's right, there was a GUI added to one of the earlier vesrsions. Trouble was that he never let me have the source code so that it could be brought into later versions.

I only used it a couple of times to test it but as I recall it worked OK but still lacked a number of features that would have been useful.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world
Those who understand binary.
and those who don't

:D PY :D