Author Topic: The New Wiki  (Read 18215 times)

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
The New Wiki
« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2005, 02:19:19 AM »
It gives me an error message when I try deleting it.

Offline Endy

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
The New Wiki
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2005, 02:22:00 AM »
It's alive... :wacko:

Endy B)

Offline shvarz

• Bot God
    • View Profile
The New Wiki
« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2005, 09:10:59 PM »
Can someone explain to me the system of foldres, files and links in the wiki?  I am a bit confused here.

What is the difference between:

Manual.SimOption

and

Manual/SimOption

and

SimOption?

Why sometimes links are made using ">" (like Stuff>Stuff) and sometimes using "|" (like Stuff|Stuff)?
"Never underestimate the power of stupid things in big numbers" - Serious Sam

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
The New Wiki
« Reply #63 on: April 27, 2005, 10:05:01 PM »
I think they're all the same thing actually.  Just different ways to say the same thing.

Offline shvarz

• Bot God
    • View Profile
The New Wiki
« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2005, 12:57:21 AM »
That's what I thought, but it does not always work.  I set up a test page and tried different combinations.  Slashes did not work at all.
Are there folders or we just save it all into a single folder?  Where then the slashes come from?  Crazy stuff and I am ohhh so lazy to go and read the manual....

Offline shvarz

• Bot God
    • View Profile
The New Wiki
« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2005, 02:00:46 AM »
Here is what I figured out so far.  All files seem to be saved into the same folder.  The dots between names simply allow tracing the parental pages that refer to this particular page.

Say you make a page named "Users" and then make links from there to pages called "Shvarz" and "Numsgil".
You can simply call the pages "Shvarz" and "Numsgil", but when someone visits these pages, it will not be immediately clear what shvarz and numsgil are.  But if you call them "Users.Shvarz" and "Users.Numsgil", then wiki will show on top that Shvarz is a subpage of "Users".

Moreover, if you don't make the page "Users", but start with making a page called "Users.Shvarz", then wiki automatically creates an empty page called "Users".  This is a bit dumb, and a better way would be to prompt a user if he actually wants to create page "Users". That's why one needs to be careful about creating links to pages with long names with many dots.