Author Topic: The New Wiki  (Read 18857 times)

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
The New Wiki
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2005, 02:38:14 PM »
The software they're using isn't as robust as the real wiki software.  That's what you get for free.  Just admit you probably screwed it up, you're sorry, and it was an accident.  Responsibility.

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
The New Wiki
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2005, 02:42:12 PM »
when I added that I didnt know it, I pressed "save" and then I opened a new internet explorer and went here and added that, then when I went back to the db wiki I saw that something had happen, but it didnt looked like it do now. thought that you maybe updated it so I didnt say anything after that, how am I supposed to know that you didnt update or something like that? and I didnt linked the pic, it was a word I linked like you do on wikipedia, and I know that worked, coz I linked "chockdeath" and that worked.
When I have the eclipse cannon under my control there is nothing that can stop me from ruling the world. And I wont stop there. I will never stop conquering worlds through the universe. All the worlds in the universe will belong to me. All the species in on them will be my slaves. THE ENIRE UNIVERSE WILL BELONG TO ME AND EVERYTHING IN IT :evil: AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE OF you CAN DO TO STOP ME. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
The New Wiki
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2005, 02:47:39 PM »
and if they aint robust as the real one its only partly my fault, I didnt choose this free wiki crap. choose a more robust thing next time. im so fucking pist now. im telling you, its not entirly my faulty, its partly my fault, I did you shall be able to do whit a wiki and then that happen. and im sorry if I screwed things up damn it. its never ones fault that 2 is in a conflict. if I had knew that this wasent normal, and that you didnt modefied it somehow I would have told you, but how am I supposed to know that stuff, im not a programér damn it. AND WHY THE FUCKING HELL SHOULD I NOT TELL you WHAT HAPPEN WHEN I POSTED THAT IF I HAD KNEW THAT HAD HAPPEN? DO you THINK IM STUPID ENOGH TO POST THAT KINDA POST IF I KNEW I HAD SCREWED THAT UP AND DIDNT WANTED TO TAKE THE BLAME?
 :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:
IM....SO....FUCKING.....PIST.....OFF......RIGHT.....NOW.....GUYS

DIE BUG DIE
 \
 :shoot:  :huh:

I can take responsibility, I know I might have something to do whit it, but like I said, there is never ones fault that 2 is fighting. which means that something else must have caused this whit me.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2005, 03:08:12 PM by zelos »
When I have the eclipse cannon under my control there is nothing that can stop me from ruling the world. And I wont stop there. I will never stop conquering worlds through the universe. All the worlds in the universe will belong to me. All the species in on them will be my slaves. THE ENIRE UNIVERSE WILL BELONG TO ME AND EVERYTHING IN IT :evil: AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE OF you CAN DO TO STOP ME. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline shvarz

• Bot God
    • View Profile
The New Wiki
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2005, 04:09:44 PM »
relax guys, it's working now
"Never underestimate the power of stupid things in big numbers" - Serious Sam

Offline Endy

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
The New Wiki
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2005, 07:03:22 PM »
Same here.

Offline Endy

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
The New Wiki
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2005, 07:10:09 PM »
Thanks Nums for adding to the intro. I just modified what the original "homepage" had. I kind of like re-using some of what Carlos wrote, saves on time and keeps a certain continuity going.

It doesn't like the password I type in :( Any way to retrieve?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 08:43:12 PM by Endy »

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
The New Wiki
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2005, 07:14:21 PM »
Sent an email to the support people, and they sure were fast on the turn around time.  It's not a huge problem, I've screwed it up a few times myself messing with the toolbars and stuff.

Zelos, if you think you could do a better job finding a free wiki, be my guest.  The only better one out there is wikicities, and I don't think our wiki would fit in their terms of service.

All I'm saying is that it isn't a huge stretch of the imagination that if you break it, you should own up and tell people.  Geez, I didn't think we were in kindergarten.  Sometimes you have to admit responsibility.

I didn't say you did it on purpose either.  All I'm asking for is "woops, my bad.  Sorry guys."  Instead of a defensive "hey, it's not my fault, cause I'm perfect.  Must be someone else's fault because I can't be to blame."

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
The New Wiki
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2005, 07:15:00 PM »
Yep Endy, let's all proofread and add to what others add.  OOoo, is this going to be sweet.

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
The New Wiki
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2005, 12:51:07 AM »
nope I dont num, I dont think I can do a better job coz im not interested

Offline shvarz

• Bot God
    • View Profile
The New Wiki
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2005, 02:06:28 PM »
Zelos, a couple of points about the wiki:

1.  Log-in before you edit.  This way you don't have to sign every single entry (which is a bad taste by wiki standards anyway) and those who are interested can still find out that it was you who added/changed things.

2.  There is no need to explain general things, which are not directly related to DBs.  Like water - you could just give a link to wikipedia.  The manual should concern things that are relevant to DBs.  So your "water" entry would sound like this: "Right now DBs doesn't model water and it's effects on living organisms.  It is generally assumed that water is avaliable to bots in amounts necessary."  Something like that.

P.S: Oh, and make sure you check the spelling.  If not for the whole article, but at least for the title (hint: glycuse???).
« Last Edit: March 28, 2005, 02:07:48 PM by shvarz »

Offline Endy

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
The New Wiki
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2005, 04:45:36 PM »
Umm...some of those guest entries are me, sorry, Wiki doesn't like me :( . I've been keeping to mainly the Dna Section and simply making the wiki's interlink correctly.

Endy

Offline shvarz

• Bot God
    • View Profile
The New Wiki
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2005, 05:02:38 PM »
Oh, OK.  

One more thing I wanted to mention is to name articles consistently.  So that if you are writing about something, then article file should include the full name of the subject, excluding articles (a, an, the).  And if you are writing about multi-word thing like Some Very Cool Stuff, then put it completely into article file name, like this: Manual.SomeVeryCoolStuff

This way article files have meaningful names.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
The New Wiki
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2005, 02:26:04 AM »
:blink:

Entries on Water that say that (goes to look it up it's so good) "Waters chemical formula is H2O and got some unusual propeties."

:blink:

More importantly, I don't see where it's linked to anything else.  Not that wiki's can't get a bit off topic, but let's try to actually write pages that help people use the program.

We rarely get a question "hey guys, what's water?" but I know we've been asked at least 3 times (once was me even!) about racial memory, and memval/memloc, etc.

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
The New Wiki
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2005, 04:00:05 AM »
shvarz, I dont log in, coz where ive been, that site is fucked up, mostly coz something is wrong whit the pc I think. it keep giving me "inet have encountered a problem and need to shut down", how fun is it that I have to worry if the program shut down when I press a link? but I think that we should add more than just code stuff, coz we base stuff on biology we need to add stuff about biology, for ppl who dont have studied it yet. :lecture: and im sorry for the spelling. im not good at languitch, (I can never learn how languitch is spelled, is this right?), so plz correct my spelling, I dont do it on purpose you know :redface:  :redface: I try my best :'( and now when I think on it, taking water whit was kinda stupid :redface:  :redface:  sorry again, see numsgil, I can say sorry and take responsibility
« Last Edit: March 29, 2005, 04:09:47 AM by zelos »

Offline Old Henk

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
The New Wiki
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2005, 07:35:13 AM »
It's "Language". hard word to spell, I agree. For us foreigners English is weird and reallyillogical.
Ever tried horrible words like...
Esspecially :wacko:
necesary :blink:
obviousely :wacko:
They always kill me with English-tests... :)

But then again, I don't think there are a lot of people in the US or GB who speak Dutch... :P

haha handig als je grappen kan maken over mensen, als ze het niet begrijpen... ;)