Author Topic: The New Wiki  (Read 18827 times)

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
The New Wiki
« on: March 25, 2005, 05:07:08 PM »
I've set up a manual at darwinbots.xwiki.com.  It's a wiki manual.  That means that you can go in and add entries yourself.

I've set up some broad sections, and I'll start filling out some sample articles everyone can use to gifure things out.

I hereby command everyone to go in and figure out how to make 1 (one) new article each.

If you have troubles, post them here and I'll help you out.

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
The New Wiki
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2005, 12:52:02 AM »
you cant command us to do anything, but you can ask us to do it
When I have the eclipse cannon under my control there is nothing that can stop me from ruling the world. And I wont stop there. I will never stop conquering worlds through the universe. All the worlds in the universe will belong to me. All the species in on them will be my slaves. THE ENIRE UNIVERSE WILL BELONG TO ME AND EVERYTHING IN IT :evil: AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE OF you CAN DO TO STOP ME. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline Endy

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
The New Wiki
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2005, 05:19:21 PM »
Hey, he's the Bot Knight. He can command us to do anything he wants :D...unless the person he commands is a Bot God or something.

Cool idea having a Wiki of DB. Should help speed up the normal process by having all of us posting. I was kind of thinking about adding an entry to Wikipedia about DB. If Conway's Game of Life and other Alife sims are there I see no reason DB can't be alongside. If anyone has the time(which I quite frankly do not currently :( ) feel free to post something.

Endy :D

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
The New Wiki
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2005, 07:49:42 PM »
Yeah, Zelos suggested it to me.  Problem is the entry should be very professional and smooth, and that means time...

Soon.  Everything soon.  So much to do, so little time.  That's why I set up the wiki.  If I can get it so that it's easy for us all to contribute on some things, then the programming team can concentrate more on programming.

Offline Old Henk

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
The New Wiki
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2005, 08:26:54 AM »
Sir, yes sir!  :ph43r:
*salutes*
I've added something on reproduction, sir!

:lol:  :rolleyes:

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
The New Wiki
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2005, 01:09:47 PM »
Hope ur happy now, ive added 2 things to the dbwiki
When I have the eclipse cannon under my control there is nothing that can stop me from ruling the world. And I wont stop there. I will never stop conquering worlds through the universe. All the worlds in the universe will belong to me. All the species in on them will be my slaves. THE ENIRE UNIVERSE WILL BELONG TO ME AND EVERYTHING IN IT :evil: AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE OF you CAN DO TO STOP ME. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
The New Wiki
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2005, 01:21:39 PM »
Geez, what did you do?  It's not letting me in there at all!

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
The New Wiki
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2005, 01:29:01 PM »
I can't open it either. Just get a bunch of errors
There are 10 kinds of people in the world
Those who understand binary.
and those who don't

:D PY :D

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
The New Wiki
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2005, 01:30:11 PM »
Um, yeah guys, the wiki isn't robust.  Seriously Zelos, what on earth did you do?

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
The New Wiki
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2005, 02:07:24 PM »
what I did? why are you blaming me? it got like that when I was about to my second thing. stop blaming me damn it. I cant things like this so I dont know what you guys who control it have done to it to screw it up. if you really need to know I did just like I do on wikipedia. no more damn it, stop blamming it on me, im telling you to stop it. DAMN IT STOP IT FFS. if it shall be someones fault it shall be numsgils, hes the one who controles it and are responsele to make it sure it doesnt get fucked up. but I dont blame any1 exept nums and PY, why I blame them, they started to blame me DAMN IT
 :shoot:  :blink: <-num
 :shoot:  :huh: <-PY
 :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:
« Last Edit: March 27, 2005, 02:12:44 PM by zelos »

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
The New Wiki
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2005, 02:23:24 PM »
Here's what I know:

1.  Was working this morning
2.  You posted that you added stuff.
3.  I go to check, and it's broken.

Conclusion?  Very likely 2 caused 3.

And I don't control it.  No one controls it, except maybe the xwiki people.  Wikis are decentralized.

What was your first addition?

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
The New Wiki
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2005, 02:31:13 PM »
it was multibots whit a pic, then I tried to add another one to clerefy some stuff in the MB one and when I pressed, save it just got fuckede up. do you really think I did this on purpose if I had something to do whit this or what?

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
The New Wiki
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2005, 02:33:43 PM »
Zelos, if you do A and then B happens soon after, A probably is linked to B.  Not automatically, but definately probably.

If it got screwed up after you did something, don't you think it probably is your fault some how?  And for you to deny it is when you don't know it's not is just insulting.  At least accept responsibility that it could have been your fault.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2005, 02:34:44 PM by Numsgil »

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
The New Wiki
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2005, 02:36:21 PM »
I can agree on that what I did might have causesd it, but not alone, there is something fucking wrong whit the site if that happen whit it when I do what I shall do, dont you think?

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
The New Wiki
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2005, 02:36:55 PM »
Hope ur happy now, ive added 2 things to the dbwiki
This is what I'm talking about.  You presumably knew something was messed up when you posted this, but you don't even mention anything.

Something like "Geez, sorry guys, I posted a picture and tried to link to it.  The whol wiki is broken now." would've been a start.

You remind me of a little kid who breaks a family vase and just leaves it there for someone else to find.  Own up and let's get started on fixing it.