Author Topic: Tie sharing affects  (Read 2614 times)

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Tie sharing affects
« on: November 30, 2007, 12:05:27 PM »
I've considerred making nrg that flows through ties subject to the same body and waste side effects that nrg shots have.  Downside is impact on multibots where ties arn't preditory.  Not sure what to do if anything.  Suggestions in this area welcome.
Many beers....

Offline MacadamiaNuts

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Tie sharing affects
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 12:42:31 PM »
Not the topic, but...

It's dangerous because, sharing bots would end storing all their energy as body.

I think bot size and "fat" are two -somewhat- different things. Here body size is a general value for "materials needed to build another bot". That includes fat proteins, but also membranes, DNA, calcium and all the other stuff.

We got always some of the bot fixed attributes as code and not as body units; like, DNA length, amount of stores (each store would be like a rybosomic factory, since all stores are executed each cycle, so they are actually performed in parallel), or muscle (all the movent stuff). So a bot with 13K of DNA code, a thousand stores working each cycle, able to push up to max speed and, plus, 100 units of fat, is the same size of this one with 100 units of fat too.  

The body sharing between parent and offspring would be more efficient as there are less extra things to convert fat into. If you gotta build a lot of DNA and stores, you need to invest some more of that 50% body fat you give it. The offspring of a tiny bot doing 50 .repro would end with like 49.5% of the body, so they'll keep reproducing even at 2.1 body units. But Lionfish maybe wouldn't reproduce under 3 body units.

Then, about ties, currently they feed selectively on the ready to use "sugar" energy. In fact, if they are just sharing in the most primitive way, they'll just share products and body-building stuff with no distinction. The most primitive .share sysvar should do all altogether, sharing shell, slime, waste, energy, body, poison and venom -all 7 things, but each one at 1/7 normal rate. Ex Nihils would love that a lot. The nasty high level bots can go and further override-tweak each sharing with the specific sysvars.
Sometimes you win, and sometimes you lose...

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Tie sharing affects
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 03:48:18 PM »
I've considerred making nrg that flows through ties subject to the same body and waste side effects that nrg shots have.  Downside is impact on multibots where ties arn't preditory.  Not sure what to do if anything.  Suggestions in this area welcome.
Well, I object. That would mean multibots would pick up loads of waste. I the case of full sharing with energy, let say a 3 headed multibots everytime another part is eating from another veggie. This means all three of them have three times as much waste in the end, not to mension if one is attacked and the nrg balance is broken again.

Not the topic, but..
Heh, who cares.  

Further you want to make extra repro-costs based on the gene-length, well nice I like that on one side, on the other side a little less. Enough to be thinking about, atleast. Well I think it would be a proper idea to implent it.
And you want to have something like a share-all-sysvar, agreed too.

Atleast enough suggestions to open another suggestion topic.

Edit: why don't the annoying quotes just work.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 04:06:18 PM by Peter »
Oh my god, who the hell cares.

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Tie sharing affects
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 06:00:16 PM »
I've split this topic off, it looks like a good discussion that's way off topic, even for us

I've never been a fan of .sharenrg, etc.  They're a little too high level for my taste.  But a primitive .share sysvar that shares everything would work great and be better in line with my thinking.  You get the good and the bad, basically just mixing the contents of cells in the multibot to be homogenous.