Author Topic: My Tiebot DNA experiment RESOLVED (BY DESIGN)  (Read 2356 times)

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
My Tiebot DNA experiment RESOLVED (BY DESIGN)
« on: November 25, 2007, 01:23:40 PM »
If you load this sim you'll see 4 red bots in the middle. The slightly pinkish dull red one is the unedited bot (the leftmost 1). The others are various modifications where I've deleted the logical operators and in two of the species I've put 0's in their DNA instead. You can double-click them and check the differences in the DNA. What you should see is that the unedited bot will not reproduce until it's gotten choked with energy and waste, causing alzeimers.

It's no big deal if you can't reproduce it, as we have found a way to restore such bots for later versions, and later on no one will care, but it's interesting anyway to check it out.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 12:30:51 AM by EricL »
The internet is corrupt and controlled by criminally minded people.

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
My Tiebot DNA experiment RESOLVED (BY DESIGN)
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 12:30:08 AM »
There does not appear to be a bug here.  The different behaviours of the various bots are a function of the new conditional paradym which is a delibert feature enhancement.  Yes, this new capabiltiy will change the behaviour of bots with evolved DNA which were bred in sims running pre 2.43r versions.  In particular, any boolean logic in their gene bodies will now execute (were before it was ignored) and the result of that boolean logic may now impact whether other logic in the gene executes.  In some cases, logic (such as stores to memory) which executed before may no longer execute if it follows a boolean expression which evaluates to false.   But this is an intentional change, not a bug.

Resolved By Design.
Many beers....