Author Topic: Need a shepherd! league bots behave dumb?  (Read 3769 times)

Offline Welwordion

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Need a shepherd! league bots behave dumb?
« on: December 07, 2007, 08:33:45 PM »
I wanted to use some  of the F2 league bots as shepherds for an evo sim, but all bots I tested ended up rotating around and not killing enough, some even starved to death by shooting constantly or did miss with their shooting even though the other bot did not move.
So whats up with aura excalibur etc? And anyone has a functioning shepherdbot  for 2.43u?

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 08:43:14 PM »
League bots are greyhounds.  They are good at one thing and one thing only - acheiving a specific goal against a single advesary in a fixed environment with a tiny field and fixed costs with no mutations, no shapes, etc.

Try grabbing a bot out of internet mode.  One of the Lionfish or Preditor bots would make an excellent sheperd, properly throttled using .totalmyspecies of course.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 08:44:42 PM by EricL »
Many beers....

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 06:50:51 AM »
All, league bots havediffert tactics, one is purely surviving, you can see tie-fieders, using venom poison, and all kind of stuff, if you look for a killer my multiply works fine too, the shephard bot I would choose is raticus rex, all it does is simply killing other bots and doesn't use any other weapons, it is simply one powerful bot and his destroying power is strong(needs a minimal of ten multiply to kill it). It can operate alone pretty well so could even turn reproduction of it off and let the possibility of shooting depent of the .totalspecies.
Oh my god, who the hell cares.

Offline Welwordion

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 07:46:00 AM »
Found out one mayor factor was my viscosity of 2, cause I feed all bots with negative body cost(my starting bots are to stupid to take care of themself) the shepherds  became overfeed and could not move anymore.

Where can I get raticus? Also to be honest I have not really used internet mode yet, no idea how its supposed to work (on another topic the same is true for leagues ^^)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 08:34:56 AM by Welwordion »

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2007, 08:58:37 AM »

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2007, 09:04:23 AM »
Quote from: Welwordion
Found out one mayor factor was my viscosity of 2, cause I feed all bots with negative body cost(my starting bots are to stupid to take care of themself) the shepherds  became overfeed and could not move anymore.

Where can I get raticus? Also to be honest I have not really used internet mode yet, no idea how its supposed to work (on another topic the same is true for leagues ^^)
You can start IM(internet mode by simply clicking on the two computer screens an the top-right, a league can very simple be started by clicking in the league tab, and further it is simple enough. It has really been made easy

Offline Welwordion

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2007, 10:23:33 AM »
http://www.darwinbots.com/Forum/index.php?showtopic=1755 better should have linked me there

« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 10:45:51 AM by Welwordion »

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2007, 12:23:09 PM »
Quote from: Welwordion
http://www.darwinbots.com/Forum/index.php?showtopic=1755 better should have linked me there

Jeah, it is a good description of it, and..., wow 7 steps, now I have the feeling I have missed something