Author Topic: Sudden shutdown bug RESOLVED (N0 REPRO)  (Read 3346 times)

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Sudden shutdown bug RESOLVED (N0 REPRO)
« on: November 26, 2007, 02:48:41 PM »
Quote from: EricL
I'm going to resolve this specific bug as no repro and chalk the sim corruption up to a previous crash.

But I would like to know more about the mysterious DB shutdowns you mention.  Can you open another bug with whatever details you have on that?  How long after running, exactly what do you mean by "shutdown" (I.e. is there still a process in the process list?) and is there is no error dialog? Nothing indicating a crash?  That kind of thing.  Thanks.
The reason I haven't opened another bug, is that I don't have that many details, sorry. But maybe you know something more.
The crashes I've had where shortly sometimes longer after running, 5 till 15 minutes has happened a few times.
With shutdown I mean,
No process left.
Sometimes an error dialog, most times not
Further, no nothing indicating a bug most times. I've had I had DB running on the background, and after a while I noticed, wasn't I running DB on the background? I've seen it sudenly disapearing too sometimes.

I will try and look for a sim that reproduces it, but mostly it is very random.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 01:08:52 PM by EricL »
Oh my god, who the hell cares.

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 02:53:14 PM »
Okay, thanks.

If you get a error popup - it will say "overflow" or "invalid property value" or "Devide By Zero" or similar with a number - an image of that would be very useful.

Is anyone else getting this?
Many beers....

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 03:50:46 PM »
If you are essentially out of disk space and using autosave or internet mode, this could conceivably explain the mystery exits...
Many beers....

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 01:10:31 PM »
I've resolved this no repro, chalking it up to your drive filling up and/or the issues you had with your install.  If you see it again and you are positive you have plenty of free disk space, please don't hesitate to re-open it.
Many beers....

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2007, 02:36:27 PM »
Quote from: EricL
I've resolved this no repro, chalking it up to your drive filling up and/or the issues you had with your install.  If you see it again and you are positive you have plenty of free disk space, please don't hesitate to re-open it.
And I will,   . Sims don't crash but they do strange

I have reinstalled DB(ori) and DB(2.43t)

I the sim attached you will see multiply3, normally going everywhere and doesn't stop normally. I don't know what you will see but I will tell what I see.

Multiply can't move. No one bot can.(tried other sims)(you can see speed-lines,or what the called)
It can shoot, but there is no nrg-shots back.
Checked this further, too with older bots, -1 shots get nrg back -6 shots don't.
Edit: the get nrg-shots back but with no energie?, A bot like C_ancecteralis(using -1). It is now spinning on it spot becouse it can't move, between veggies around him it dies.

Becouse it can't get energie his nrg will get drained(pretty fast, incredible inefficient)but the nrg will come up back if under 100 nrg to 200 nrg, strange. After a while it still dies<---(wait, looked, that is supposed to happen. body to nrg if nrg low.

Ant idea what could be cousing this.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 02:39:58 PM by Peter »

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 03:00:51 PM »
Well, fixed.

After copying all the files to another place, (uninstall doesn't uninstall all files  )And installing again. It worked fine.

And found the problem. It is called lastexit.set I suspect this one also of the old coming over the new species. lastexit.set makes a simulation if there isn't a sim-file and copying the set-file to the new and deleting lastexit.sim coused the new to get desame problems.

You're right when you said in the other topic settings are full of bugs.

Can it be stopped to load the settings from lastexit.set becouse it interferes with the settings when you want to load a new sim, I think  .

Have attached the malicious settings-file.

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2007, 03:08:37 PM »
2.43u should address the lastexit.set issue.
Many beers....