Author Topic: Veggies don't repop RESOLVED 2.43t  (Read 3520 times)

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Veggies don't repop RESOLVED 2.43t
« on: November 21, 2007, 09:20:16 AM »
Like the title, veggies don't repop.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 12:08:57 AM by EricL »
Oh my god, who the hell cares.

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 09:40:12 AM »
Bots seem to be overwriten or anything by the errorsim, so overwriting the first bots of a new sim. I hope the picture is clear.

Edit
I am btw(it could be important) getting this error by loading a settings-file with the settings of a sim. Keeping somehow the older bots, not sure if it even has to do with the error-sim.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 09:47:48 AM by Peter »

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 12:04:10 PM »
Please post a sim.
Many beers....

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 12:24:34 PM »
Well you could just open every sim you have I am pretty sure you will notice then. But okay for you. Here is a sim.

And for the second case I am not sure what to upload. I suggest you just try to load a settings file and start a sim with it. Hopefully that  reproduces it.

Oh, right I am using 2,43s

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 01:00:08 PM »
Quote from: Peter
Well you could just open every sim you have I am pretty sure you will notice then. But okay for you. Here is a sim.
C'mon.  Don't you think people would have noticed this?  You can't make those kind of assumptions.

But as it happens, this is in fact a bug.  It happens only in the case where all the veggies in the sim die in the same cycle and the veggie population falls to 0.  Months ago, I added code to fix a long time problem with loading sims.  The veggy population doesn't get updated until the end of the first cycle, yet the veggy repopulatiuon code allowed veggies to reproduce befofe this.  The result was that on the first cycle when you loaded a sim, all the veggies would reproduce even if their popualtion was above the limit resulting in way more veggies than the sim allowed.  Unfortunatly, my fix was broken.  I fixed this by simply not allowing repopulation when the veggy population was 0, assuming this would never be the case except in that first cycle after you load an existing sim.  My mistake.

Fixed in 2.43t.

Quote from: Peter
I am btw(it could be important) getting this error by loading a settings-file with the settings of a sim. Keeping somehow the older bots, not sure if it even has to do with the error-sim.
All I see in the attached bitmap is the top portion of the options dialog.
Many beers....

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 01:26:50 PM »

C'mon.  Don't you think people would have noticed this?  You can't make those kind of assumptions.

Last time I posted a veggie-repop bug, it did happen at any sim. By the ones I checked it was, I hadn't checked it on much sims becouse I am having error after error in the program, and I just quited using it.
No error-sims or anything, but annoying.

One of them was pretty reproducable,
delete error.sim
start darwinbots
stop the auto-IM(where I think this shouldn't be auto)

You have got a Error.

All I see in the attached bitmap is the top portion of the options dialog.
I have selected there the first bot bleednrg and it says alga minimalis. I will post a settings file I hope you see it. But it has probably to do with something else in combination, I am not sure how. I fact in the set-file you have bleednrg and the sim starts with alga minimalis.

Edit: somehow quoting didn't work that well so I deleted name and extra info in it and it hopefully works.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 01:31:40 PM by Peter »

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2007, 06:18:16 PM »
I have selected there the first bot bleednrg and it says alga minimalis.

This seems related to the issue I posted about, where the program tries to load bots you've used in another sim. Have you tried deleting the 'lastexit' files in the settings and save folders? I think that if you quit and restart, running different sims with different kind of bots the program sometimes gets confused. Once I got Eric's nasty plant in the species tab because it was added in an earlier sim through IM. Couldn't get rid of it until I deleted the lastexit files. Strange that the program adds a bot in the species tab you don't even have in the bot folder.  
The internet is corrupt and controlled by criminally minded people.

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2007, 04:04:41 AM »
Quote from: Testlund
I have selected there the first bot bleednrg and it says alga minimalis.

This seems related to the issue I posted about, where the program tries to load bots you've used in another sim. Have you tried deleting the 'lastexit' files in the settings and save folders? I think that if you quit and restart, running different sims with different kind of bots the program sometimes gets confused. Once I got Eric's nasty plant in the species tab because it was added in an earlier sim through IM. Couldn't get rid of it until I deleted the lastexit files. Strange that the program adds a bot in the species tab you don't even have in the bot folder.  
I have tried it already and it didn't work, I am wondering where he is getting the bot-files from. But nope it didn't help, I have found a error that way.

The error you get if you inmidiatly close IM after you started  , I have already posted the error here.

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2007, 12:08:19 AM »
The wierdness with the species list when loading new sims was due to more options dialog loading order wierdness.  Think I have it all sorted out now.

Fixed in 2.43t.
Many beers....