Author Topic: Using the mouse wheel.... RESOLVED 2.43t  (Read 2910 times)

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Using the mouse wheel.... RESOLVED 2.43t
« on: October 05, 2007, 11:38:58 AM »
I gave 2.43m a try again, to check out the zoom feature. Scrolling with the mouse wheel didn't do anything, but CLICKING the mouse wheel caused a quick zoom in and a crash, displaying 'Runtime error 6: Overflow'.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 10:15:40 PM by EricL »
The internet is corrupt and controlled by criminally minded people.

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 11:49:30 AM »
Some more info:

It works if I just make short clicks and don't zoom all the way in. Personally I would prefer if I could zoom both in and out by scrolling with the mouse wheel. Also I don't get any performance difference. It may depend on what's going on in the sim if one gets any difference in performance. I'm pretty sure I've seen way back that the sim ran a couple of cycles faster when I was zoomed in compared to fully zoomed out.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 11:52:53 AM by Testlund »

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 12:09:16 PM »
Zooming via the mouse wheel has always worked by clicking, not wheeling.  I plan to make wheeling work right, for zooming both in and out, but I have to figure out how to get those events into VB.  VB6 predates mice with wheels, so it was tons easier just to handle the mouse wheel as a button.

The perf difference w.r.t. mouse wheel zoom-in speed in 2.43m will only be noticable on large, slow running sims.  Small, fast running sims should zoom-in fast in any version.

To be clear, the perf improvement w.r.t. sim execution speed when zoomed in was implemented in version 2.43m.  You should not expereicne any perf difference in sim execution speed in prior versions but you should see it in 2.43m.

Were you running the new graphics (the plant button) when the crash overflow occurred?  If you can reproduce the crash or describe a set of reproduction steps, I would be quite happy to fix it...
Many beers....

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007, 02:34:07 PM »
No, I didn't have the new graphs enabled when the crash occured when zooming in. I can hardly zoom at all with ants and plants showing. Just load the sim, click and hold the mouse wheel until it zooms in to maximum and it will crash.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 02:36:13 PM by Testlund »

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2007, 10:15:03 PM »
The zoom in crash is fixed in 2.43t.  The mouse wheel still works by clicking, not rolling.  I still plan to change that, but will resolve this bug as it refers to the crash.

Fixed in 2.43t
Many beers....