Code center > Darwinbots3

Physics engine

<< < (2/2)

Peter:
Well, I don't think it would be very easy to let the old bots work and make something new.

I don't care that much if the older bots don't work very good, or not even work. As long as the tie-phycics work fine in the new version, in the VB-version they are somewhat springy and unpredictable.

If the new version comes out it means we gotta make many, many new bots.

EricL:

--- Quote from: Peter ---As long as the tie-phycics work fine in the new version, in the VB-version they are somewhat springy and unpredictable.
--- End quote ---
I'm always open to suggestions.  Changing the default inherent springyness of ties is relativly easy.  I would love it if someone would write some test bots using .stifftie and give me feedback on whether we should change the springness over the range of values including the default...

Numsgil:
I think the issues with ties at present is that they're springy at all.  It's like trying to build a building using silly putty.  Or more accurately it's like trying to build a structure using springs

To fix it you'd need to move to a rigid body physics system.  Which is a can of worms I've been opening for most of two years

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version