Author Topic: Astronomy in DB  (Read 13496 times)

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Astronomy in DB
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2005, 01:36:58 PM »
tides can be good when we both have land and water, then tides will help the bots to become land living. the gravitation force the moon would make on the bots and water would be easy to calculate
« Last Edit: March 25, 2005, 01:38:57 PM by zelos »
When I have the eclipse cannon under my control there is nothing that can stop me from ruling the world. And I wont stop there. I will never stop conquering worlds through the universe. All the worlds in the universe will belong to me. All the species in on them will be my slaves. THE ENIRE UNIVERSE WILL BELONG TO ME AND EVERYTHING IN IT :evil: AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE OF you CAN DO TO STOP ME. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Astronomy in DB
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2005, 01:41:59 PM »
What's more difficult is trying to model lack of water / water.

I guess we could just have a boolean type variable.  Either a square has infinite water or it has none.

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Astronomy in DB
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2005, 02:20:42 PM »
Yes that was what I was thinking in my earlier post "flow patterns"

I still think little fuzzy robots with big sharp teeth would be cool though.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world
Those who understand binary.
and those who don't

:D PY :D

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Astronomy in DB
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2005, 03:01:31 PM »
but lets take the things I said first, then we can take tidel
When I have the eclipse cannon under my control there is nothing that can stop me from ruling the world. And I wont stop there. I will never stop conquering worlds through the universe. All the worlds in the universe will belong to me. All the species in on them will be my slaves. THE ENIRE UNIVERSE WILL BELONG TO ME AND EVERYTHING IN IT :evil: AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE OF you CAN DO TO STOP ME. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Astronomy in DB
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2005, 02:15:44 PM »
If we want more astronomical parametres, we can add
[span style=\'font-size:14pt;line-height:100%\']Star Rate[/span]
This decieds how many stars are created each year. That effect the planet by that if there is more stars, there gets more radiation to the planet which generate more clouds ands cool down the planet, which gives it less energy from the star it orbit around.
[span style=\'font-size:14pt;line-height:100%\']Galax Distance[/span]
This would be how far away from the galactic center we are. The farer away we are, the less radiation do we get. Coz the closer to the center we are, the higher are the star rate.

could be fun adding all that stuff :D , im not sugjesting we make a simulation of an entire galaxy now

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Astronomy in DB
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2005, 02:38:06 PM »
I don't think star radiation is a significant source of anything.  It's just too far.  Maybe at the galactic core (where stellar density is very very high) it would make a small difference.

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Astronomy in DB
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2005, 11:35:03 PM »
it is a big rate, I readed an article about it, its very important if the theory is right
« Last Edit: March 30, 2005, 11:57:36 PM by zelos »

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
Astronomy in DB
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2005, 11:48:01 PM »
Here's the article Zelos showed me.

:blink:  :rolleyes:  :blink:

^ (It's a link.  Could you figure it out?)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2005, 11:48:48 PM by Numsgil »

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Astronomy in DB
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2005, 11:55:37 PM »
anyhow, there is a theory that we have it so cold now, coz we have entered a arm where the star rate is much higher and the stars sends out more high frequent radioation

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Astronomy in DB
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2005, 05:23:10 AM »
Hello everyone. Ive finaly found the stuff to calculate how much light each square gets. :D it took some time but now I have it. I had some help from nums to check the stuff and make it for radians instant of degrees. The thing that is left now, is for nums to be able to convert the square to a sphere.

Im adding a Word doc so you can read the formulas like you want.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2005, 09:44:02 AM by zelos »

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
Astronomy in DB
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2005, 07:15:12 AM »
Here is another word Doc about the astronomy stuff that will be added. This one contain the amount of light a point get at a specefic time on the day