Bots and Simulations > DNA Tools

Sanger

<< < (2/7) > >>

Numsgil:

--- Quote from: Peter ---What can I do with this sanger-program???
--- End quote ---

You can write a high level version of DNA that gets compiled into Darwinbots DNA code.  I believe one of the more recent bots in the arena, the one that was crazy long, Guardian I think, was written in a macro language like this, and "compiled" into usable code.

As the complexity of a bot increases, it becomes more and more necessary to write in a higher level and compile it into DNA.  I doubt, for instance, a person could write DNA that's thousands of bps long.  The complexity is just overwhelming.

--- Quote ---And just to know, what does EQZ exactly mean??(along with the others)
--- End quote ---

You need to actually read posts before declaring that they don't make sense.

Numsgil:

--- Quote from: Gobo ---I thought about that, but preferred clarity to brevity. Actually these names are based rather on Perl operators than assembly. By the way, high level language may have nothing with clarity, e. g. see APL  

Nevertheless thank you for your notice, I'm likely to add verbose names as aliases in the next revision.
--- End quote ---

Well, it depends on how high level you want to get.  Something like Ruby is what I consider the "perfect" language.  Making programming easy for the programmer is emphasized over implementation difficulty.  The result is that it's very intuitive and fun to program in.

By contrast, something like assembly is designed only to be easy for the computer to interpret.  Programming ease is not the priority at all.  The current DNA language is comparable to assembly, so I'm thinking you should aim for something like ruby.  Something totally natural for a coder to work in.  You could even go the full nine yards and implement classes, too.  Just depends on your goals.

You might want to give this a look.  About the 4th or 5th post down Trafalgar shows the code he used for Guardian for his interpreter.

Gobo:

--- Quote from: Numsgil ---You might want to give this a look.  About the 4th or 5th post down Trafalgar shows the code he used for Guardian for his interpreter.
--- End quote ---
Hmmm... It seems I have reinvented a bike
Is Guardian's interpreter's code available?

Numsgil:
I don't think he ever released it, but he'd probably share if you could reach him.

Gobo:

--- Quote from: Numsgil ---I don't think he ever released it, but he'd probably share if you could reach him.
--- End quote ---
I think I dropped him a personal message, but it didn't show up in "Sent Items". Is it ok?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version