Author Topic: Annoying graphs when changing windows RESOLVED 2.43s  (Read 2787 times)

Offline Henk

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
Annoying graphs when changing windows RESOLVED 2.43s
« on: November 15, 2007, 04:10:39 AM »
Hello,

When I have open graphs or robot data windows in DB and switch to another window (any window besides DB), the graphs/robot data persist and float over the newly selected window. When I try to click them I jump back to the DB screen.

I would very much like the graph windows to stay where they belong, in the DB window!

Before switching:
[attachment=683:attachment]

After switching:
[attachment=684:attachment]

I hope you can resolve this
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 03:53:10 PM by EricL »
cond
*.DBbugs 0 =
start
.rejoice inc
stop

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 03:56:40 PM »
Graph and internet mode log windows are no longer top most in 2.43s.  They float like normal windows so other apps should come up in front.  Note that they don't force a Z-order higher than then the main window, so clincking on the main DB window will bring it to the front potentially covering up graphs, etc.  Just use the windows tray to bring them back to the front.

If I figure out how, I may slave them to the main window, but have not discoverred how to do that yet (I'm a systems guy, not a UI guy).
Many beers....

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 08:00:22 AM »
I believe you need to make the graph windows' parent the MDI window.  However, this might cause some issues with the way that Form1 works.