Author Topic: Weird dial-up attempt CLOSED (NO BUG)  (Read 3540 times)

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Weird dial-up attempt CLOSED (NO BUG)
« on: November 02, 2007, 08:51:59 AM »
Strange message, I went off and when I come back I get this message.

Picture explain it all, just notice PC18 the computer where it tries to dial-up is (or has been) in fact a old computer on the network(P2 alike) it hasn't been turned on for something for about atleast a month.
Could this in fact have anything related to darwinbots. I have had this mesage a few times, I can't really find a way to reproduce it, it just happens random and without a clear reason. I was all the times using internet mode.

What couses this.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 11:38:18 AM by EricL »
Oh my god, who the hell cares.

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 10:08:27 AM »
I added some code recently.  When DB finds pictures of people performing lude acts with animals on the local computer, it calls PETA to report it.
Many beers....

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 10:36:46 AM »
After your responce I can see there are two possibilities.

One: I have to get all *pain references out of my multiply to let see I've got some goodwill, make now a notice I didn't meant like it, I thought the *pain reference didn't hurt the bots. And just get the hell outahere, the PETA will not get me.

Two: You haven't got a clue what is the reason for the message, and now you're making a joke.

Hmmm, I am now looking for a fast escape route when they come. Maybe I am going to emmigrate to another country, but where can I escape the PETA.

Aaarhhh, oh I just thought I saw them, better start planning on getting away, or are they already here. That man, is he some kind of PETA-member in disguise, hmm, he doesn't look like it, but ofcourse becouse he is in disguise, so he is a PETA-member. I see alot people that could be PETA-members in disquise, whhaaaa, I am surrounded by people tha could be PETA-members, I have to get awey,and fast, very fast, very very fast.

Offline shvarz

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 11:08:28 AM »
My Norton Antivirus always complains that DarwinBots is a worm and then proudly announces that it stopped the worm. No harm to DB though, so I don't know what exactly is happening between these two.
"Never underestimate the power of stupid things in big numbers" - Serious Sam

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 11:32:53 AM »
The dial-up issue is only indirectly related to DB.  DB is attempting to talk on the network using the FTP protocol.  The Windows redirector is attempting to establish a network connection under the covers using dial-up in order to satisfy this request.  The computer is configured to use dial-up networking and DB is simply triggerring this indirectly in Internet Mode.

The issue with Norton is similar.  FTP is an ancient protocol, long exploited by self propagating programs (the definition of a worm v. virus).  Norton assumes that any self-contained applicaiton other than Internet Explorer or the Windows explorer not on it's exception list which attempts to use FTP is a worm.  Not sure what Norton thinks its doing or why DB can still communicate.  Perhaps you have the Norton firewall disabled...
Many beers....

Offline Henk

• Bot Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 07:06:48 AM »
*strange german accent*

Or... Zis is all one big scheme to turn all DarwinBots-running cumputers into one big botnet that will takeover ze world!  
cond
*.DBbugs 0 =
start
.rejoice inc
stop

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 12:21:36 PM »
lol

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2007, 12:34:34 PM »
Ich denke, in der Wirklichkeit  daß Eric ein wütender deutscher Wissenschaftler ist, und sein Plan soll die Welt mit darwinbots erobern ist.

Ja, das meisterplan. Wir müssen er stoppen, und snell.

*with german accent, well it's mainly german*