Author Topic: alife²  (Read 6570 times)

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
alife²
« on: March 24, 2005, 11:27:05 AM »
have you guys ever seen framstick and how that is? its another alife. but unlike db you dont decied the behavior. you decied the body of the life. and in there you got sensors. touch, smell, water, depth and so on and whit that create a neural system that control  the bastard. but the lack of behavior makes it hard. I think it would be awesome if some1 could combine both whit each other, the body contruction for FS whit behavior from DB
When I have the eclipse cannon under my control there is nothing that can stop me from ruling the world. And I wont stop there. I will never stop conquering worlds through the universe. All the worlds in the universe will belong to me. All the species in on them will be my slaves. THE ENIRE UNIVERSE WILL BELONG TO ME AND EVERYTHING IN IT :evil: AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE OF you CAN DO TO STOP ME. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
alife²
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2005, 11:36:56 AM »
Eventually (okay, hopefully) large multibots will be possible.

Then each bot would be like either a pivot or a connecting dob, making larger shapes.

Like, imagine a line of robots tied together.

0--0--0--0--0

Now, add another, and connect the two at a single point.
....0--0--0--0--0
0<
....0--0--0--0--0

Voila, you have an interesting shape on which behavior can develop.  That's the goal anyway.  Multibots are still having a hard time organizing themselves.

Offline shvarz

• Bot God
    • View Profile
alife²
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2005, 11:45:50 AM »
That looks pretty cool.  Damn those competitiors!  :)
"Never underestimate the power of stupid things in big numbers" - Serious Sam

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
alife²
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2005, 12:03:24 PM »
you mean FS shvarz? ive tried it, its damn hard´making 1 life form move on land
When I have the eclipse cannon under my control there is nothing that can stop me from ruling the world. And I wont stop there. I will never stop conquering worlds through the universe. All the worlds in the universe will belong to me. All the species in on them will be my slaves. THE ENIRE UNIVERSE WILL BELONG TO ME AND EVERYTHING IN IT :evil: AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE OF you CAN DO TO STOP ME. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline shvarz

• Bot God
    • View Profile
alife²
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2005, 12:10:45 PM »
Who said life was gonna be easy, eh?

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
alife²
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2005, 12:17:22 PM »
no one, but the fun whit that, is that there is mroe senses and you decied where they are, unlike here

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
alife²
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2005, 12:21:35 PM »
Darwinbots is probably the most comprehensive AL sim out there, but you're right.  Beyond what we allow the bots to do there's no room for innovation.  Bots can't learn about the world except through what information we provide it.

Still, the amount of information we provide bots is huge.  And if you can think of a worthwhile sense to add, it's usually added.

Offline PurpleYouko

• Bot God
    • View Profile
alife²
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2005, 12:23:20 PM »
We will figure out the Multi-Bots eventually then we should be able to make walking, swimming, flying MBs using our tie system as muscles.

:D  PY  :D
There are 10 kinds of people in the world
Those who understand binary.
and those who don't

:D PY :D

Offline shvarz

• Bot God
    • View Profile
alife²
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2005, 02:31:03 PM »
Did you look at the movies?  They look totally amazing.  I just checked out the one where bots learn to move and you can see in some bots the similarity to walking...  Jeeez...

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
alife²
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2005, 03:07:21 PM »
I'm looking over the simulation details now for how they get their ties to work right.

Suckers!   :P

Offline shvarz

• Bot God
    • View Profile
alife²
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2005, 03:14:54 PM »
Actually, I got a bit disappointed by movies - all the evolved ones are dealing with motion.  It's cool, but not as cool as it could have been.

I got a feeling that their "selection" is not natural, but artificial: They set up some rules according to which the phenotype is deemed either good or bad.  Like with speed - it was not like the faster ones survived better, it is just that the program measured the speed and reproduced those that moved faster.

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
alife²
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2005, 03:24:41 PM »
db is better when its about true evolution, but they give mroe options when its about the body, they got joints like we do, and you can put rotate muscle or a simple bend muscle at the joint. and connect that muscle to other stuff and so on to make it move.
som bastards uses so that when it touches the ground a signal goes around and makes the bot move so it put that part down to the ground again and the procces is on

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
alife²
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2005, 03:53:26 PM »
Check out this picture:

Hehe, I think I have some ideas about multibot physics coming on, and they aren't my own  :evil:

Yeah schvarz, I'd say most of AL programs hav that problem.  It's based on artificial criteria, instead of actual darwinian evolution.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2005, 03:54:36 PM by Numsgil »

Offline Zelos

• Bot Overlord
    • View Profile
alife²
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2005, 04:20:57 PM »
numsgil, I got some ppl who want to meat you. they short their orginization whit 3 letters F and a B and the last I dont remember.
(what ideas is it?)

Offline shvarz

• Bot God
    • View Profile
alife²
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2005, 04:35:40 PM »
I downloaded their "Theater" - this is a good idea.  Fun to play with, especially their "reproduction" settings, which is the most similar to what we do.  This is the kind of stuff we need to attract newbies :)