Author Topic: Messy graphs RESOLVED 2.43p  (Read 2611 times)

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Messy graphs RESOLVED 2.43p
« on: October 26, 2007, 08:50:35 AM »
I guess this might be more a lack of feature than a bug. There seem to be a limit how many species you can have displayed in the graphs with different colors. As it turns out in the sim I just started they all turned black.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 01:50:38 PM by EricL »
The internet is corrupt and controlled by criminally minded people.

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 09:09:52 AM »
Ok, I tried to start with just 6 species. The first 1 (NRG provider) got blue color, but the others all got black. I think maybe one of your latest drops might have screwd up the color graphs. Loading a previous sim started with an earlier version displays more colors.

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 09:30:22 AM »
I found out what the problem was! It had to do with the naming inside the text file, for instance:

'#name: Randombot12
'#author: Created with Randombot Generator

...would cause DB to be unable to assign a color other than black. just removing these lines solved it!  

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 01:50:07 PM »
So, this happens when the name of the bot in the DNA file (as put there when bot DNA is saved) does not match the name of the DNA file itself.  Today, the DNA file name is used in the species structure to link bots to their species.  Graph colors leverage this.

For now, I've simply removed the saving of the bot FName in the DNA file.  Thus, whatever the DNA txt file is called when bot DNA is saved will be the bot species name if that bot is reintroduced.  This avoids problems with colliding with the previous species.
Many beers....