Author Topic: Bot with unknown parent. RESLOVED 2.43N  (Read 4300 times)

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
Bot with unknown parent. RESLOVED 2.43N
« on: October 12, 2007, 11:35:03 AM »
How can a bot with the age of 46566 cycles 'be coming from unknown' when the sim has been running for 620737 cycles. It must be a child from another bot. Does the program lose track of the generations I wonder? I'm not using internet mode.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 02:05:02 PM by EricL »
The internet is corrupt and controlled by criminally minded people.

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 11:51:39 AM »
No teleporters at all, ever?  And it's not a repopulated veggy I assume.

Hmmm.  Post it if you could and I'll take a look.
Many beers....

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 12:16:17 PM »
I do run two instances of sims connected with 3 teleporters, but the veggies in this (the right) aren't coming from the left one. I don't have this species in the left one. They all seem to have unknown parents. The teleporters only goes one way, from left to right, unless backflow means they can go back. Also I noticed the teleporters sometimes drag along autotrophs from my left sim to the right despite I have autotrophs unchecked in the teleporters, but those are just NRG providers, no alive bots so to speak.

By the way, do you think you can make it so teleporters are saved in the sim?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 12:20:38 PM by Testlund »

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 12:44:53 PM »
If a non-veggy is tied to a veggy and the non-veggy hits the teleporter, then I will drag the veggy through the teleporter even if the non veggy filter is on.  The multibot logic for teleportation isn't smart enough to filter out the veggies from multibot masses.  I'll fix this.  Veggy cells should be stripped out if the no veggy filter is on.

Teleporters should be saved in sims already.  It's possible I broke this when I added code to strip the Interent teleporter out of a loaded sim.  The Internet teleporter is special.  Loading a sim should not put you into Internet mode even if it was saved as such.  Internet mode is very deliberatly something you have to switch into manually.   I'll check this and make sure non-internet teleporters load and save correctly.

I'll check out the sim.
Many beers....

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 12:50:38 PM »
Ah.  The "Coming From" thing you see in the bot properties dialog isn't a parent-offspring thing.  Its the name of the sim where the bot last resided, only really usefull in internet mode.  You can see that the bots do indeed have a parent ID, which is the unique ID of their parent.

I should probably "Unknown" to "Local" or similar.
Many beers....

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 02:04:26 PM »
Fixed in 2.43N.

I broke Teleporter loading from sim files with a change designed to prevent re-loading of the internet teleporter.  Fixed in 2.43N.
The "Coming From" thing on the bot properties dialog is now called "Last Sim" and "Unknown" is now "Local".

Regarding teleportation of veggies through teleporters with veggy filters when part of multibot clusters, I made the change to prevent transitive teleportation of through cells in a cluster which do not have multibot status.    This will have an impact on saving of bot clusters as dbos, the "Kill Orgamisn" menu item as well as the way clusters of bots are transported from one side of the field to the other in torroidal sims.  

If a bot is a multibot, then all the bots to which it is tied will be transported/teleported/killed/saved indpendent of their multibot status but their ties will only be followed to further bots if they are themsevles multibots.  Got it?  Good.

Note that this will allow a multibot to carry non-multibot individuals from one side of the field to the other or through a teleporter - even a veggy through a veggy fliterred teleporter.  Think of it as the cow getting teleported with some grass in it's mouth.  That grass comes along for the ride, but any bugs on the grass get left behind.

Please verify these fixes and then reply to this topic so I can close the bug.  Thanks.
Many beers....

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 09:36:37 PM »
Quote from: EricL
Fixed in 2.43N.
Please verify these fixes and then reply to this topic so I can close the bug.  Thanks.

Only if you tell me where I can click to download 2.43N. Can't find it.  

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2007, 11:15:54 PM »
It's not released yet.  Have to do a little more testing.  Probably tomorrow.
Many beers....

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2007, 04:15:42 AM »
Half-resolved.  

I found my NRG Providers now says coming from local, but my evobots are still coming from unknown.

Also teleporters are still not saved. Check out this sim. There should have been 3 teleporters at the right edge of the screen, upper right corner, middle right and lower right.

Offline EricL

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2007, 10:20:10 AM »
My apologies.  It's been a busy week.  I should have done a little more testing.

Try this one.  This is exactly 2.43n with a single one line change that should fix loading of teleporters.

2.43n.1 Buddy Drop Download

I'll drop an official 2.43o which includes this fix over the weekend.

I don't actually change the last sim for existing bots in existing sims.  I just use "local" for new bots, which is why your veggies  say local but your evobots say unknown.
Many beers....

Offline Testlund

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2007, 07:22:56 PM »
Ok, it works now. I see my teleporters were saved, but just didn't load before.