Author Topic: Nanobots - evolved from swarm  (Read 8927 times)

Offline Ispettore

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
Nanobots - evolved from swarm
« on: October 23, 2007, 12:51:12 PM »
Hi. This one evolved from SWARM in a very hostile environment, where are only shooting algae. It has a simply behavior: it moves, ties to everything, drains all energy, helps his frieds and eats others. It has pratically no body and energy, and a very short lifespan. But it is very strong. I tried many bots against it, but nobody defeated it (I think it is only beacause it is so small that 99% of the times they miss him. But here is the dna:

'#name: Swarm.txt
'#generation: 967
'#mutations: 75
 start
 330 1 *.robage sub 0 floor add inc
 add *.vel sub dist stop
 cond
 535 cond
 store
 5 *.robage 1 -855 >
 708 *.myeye =
 else
 *.refaim 19 *.robage sgn mult and
 store
 stop
 *.eye5 0 *.refeye *.myeye !=
 start
 *.refvelup 50 -- add 1 stop
 angle cond
 <
 *.eye5 sgn 19 | store
 abs *.myeye !=
 start
 *544 1 -682 ~ 19 angle *.robage sgn mult .sharenrg store
 cond
 cond
 cond
 <
 *491 34 | *.refeye *.myeye !=
 19 -6 start
 -392 store
 *417 -750 store
 div cond
 >
 *.body start
 .repro store
 rnd -21 cond
 *.nrg 2000 >
 start
 100 .strbody store
 stop
 stop
 *.nrg 500 <
 stop
 <
 *.body *.body 199 stop
 cond
 .up store
 dec

'#hash: Od#{)iTfIycLy^JpSq>e

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 01:37:05 PM »
What is so strong about the bot, it has got a carcervarious nature, it repros any times it gets, that too why it has a short lifespan, see all the the strange circles from the bot population, well that are bots dying. It hasn's got a ability to kill any of todays bots, I have tested a few old ones cicum(thinges) and ancester(thinges) it did beat those, but they aren't really compatible with todays darwinbots, they act pretty strange.

If I am right swarm has'nt got a tie normally so it's a spectaculair mutation, it also uses it right, that's a little special.

These bots are alot smaller then they use to be, (at most bots it takes a while before they kill the last specie)
So the bot have become a lot smaller in the last version.

That could be a new strategy of beating the leagues, making a bot that small nobody can even find so can't defeat it,  

Let's see,   .
Oh my god, who the hell cares.

Offline Ispettore

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 01:54:57 PM »
Tried it vs normal swarm, spiral, cannibot, tiebot, lionfish and many stupid bots; nobody could beat it. I know it is strange that he uses ties... but the dna changed almost completely, luckily it did'nt started canniboting...

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 02:31:39 PM »
Neat, you may have accomplished my challenge.  Run F1 rounds with your evolved bot vx it's original, your evolved bot vs. Animal Minimalis, and Animal minimalis vs. the original.  Post the results here, and I'll determine if you've achieved it or not.  

Offline Ispettore

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 11:15:37 AM »
Quote from: Numsgil
Neat, you may have accomplished my challenge.  Run F1 rounds with your evolved bot vx it's original, your evolved bot vs. Animal Minimalis, and Animal minimalis vs. the original.  Post the results here, and I'll determine if you've achieved it or not.  
cool I didn't even know of your challenge  ! For f1 rounds you mean rounds with the f1 default costs? And do the veggies must be alga minimalis or I can change it?

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 11:39:23 AM »
Go to the Restart and League tab, and check "use F1 conditions".  When you start your sim, you'll be running an F1 contest.  It'll run 5 instances (at least) to determine which is the better bot.

You'd need to run with Animal Minimalis to win my challenge, but go ahead and contests with your custom veggy, too.

Offline Ispettore

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2007, 11:51:09 AM »
Well I put the f1 costs and alga min as veggy. At the moment I tried just one vs animal minimalis, cuz my bot reproduces just too much with normal costs, it evolved with very havy costs, and my simulation run at 0.2 cycles\second  , it is too slow!
Nanobot won the match. I tried also 5 matches of original swarm vs a minimalis (guess who won? swarm of course...), but I still have to play nanobot vs swarm at normal costs... I tried it many times at higher costs, and the nanobots always won. I will end the tests maybe tomorrow.
EDIT: I did it with f1 costs but without using restart & league... I will retry doing it right and we'll see if something changes.
EDIT2: Did it! It didn't last so much... nanobot vs a. minimalis 5-0, original swarm vs a. minimalis 5-0, nanobot vs swarm: can't do it, cos they are of the same specie for the program... but I did it many times without using the league program and nanobot do always win...
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 12:05:38 PM by Ispettore »

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2007, 12:08:22 PM »
Remove the

'#

lines from your evolved DNA and try again with the original vs. your mutated bot.  You're well on your way to winning the challenge
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 12:08:58 PM by Numsgil »

Offline Ispettore

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2007, 12:25:43 PM »
Did it! I won 5-0 vs swarm!!! I think I won the contest  !
I'll soon post a better evolved version of this bot... I rename it: now it's Cancerous Parasite!!!

Offline Numsgil

• Administrator
  • Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2007, 12:33:17 PM »
Cool!  I'll verify your results later today then declare you the winner.

Offline Ispettore

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2007, 12:37:20 PM »
Yeah, try it.
BTW, I played it with alga runaways ( forum normal version) as veggy
EDIT: In your topic you say that N° of mutation must be less than original dna lenght... but it is much more in my bot! And it's dna also shortened a lot from the original...
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 02:35:02 PM by Ispettore »

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2007, 12:42:37 PM »
Where can swarm(the first version) be ever found, I can't seem to find it in the beastery  .

I you used alga runaways I could be a reason swarm developed tieing. With shooting alot of the backcoming nrg-shots miss their target. I tested with swarm2 it won with alga mini and alga runa. So I gues you had to be using the orgiginal swarm who isn't even in the league anymore. Swarm2 stands in the league.

How long did the fight between animal minimalis and the mutated swarm last mine mine is still fighting.

Offline Ispettore

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2007, 02:16:10 PM »
I took it from the forum's swarm, so I think it is the last version. And I used a shooting alga as only vegetable for its evolution. It won vs the original, tried it many times, starting at 5 vs 5 with the same energy.

Offline Peter

• Bot God
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2007, 02:49:42 PM »
Quote from: Ispettore
I took it from the forum's swarm, so I think it is the last version. And I used a shooting alga as only vegetable for its evolution. It won vs the original, tried it many times, starting at 5 vs 5 with the same energy.
Could you give me a link to the swarm you mean,somehow I just can't seem to find a bot that is being defeated by ''Cancerous Parasite!!!'', good name it suits it perfect.

btw, your bot hasn't got a single chance in my sims against swarm2 at all conditions. So that's why I am wondering at the swarm you use.Could be the V1 I can't find.

Offline Ispettore

• Bot Neophyte
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2007, 09:24:24 AM »
It was taken by the bot in the f2 part of bestiary.